Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eastbourne

>

Got nothing from a dodgy ref today, gave a foul against I think Joey for a push over the line first half, when one of our players was pushed over from behind in the box, the ref waved his hands sideways to say no foul, with the hand ball incident, he and his lino missed that as well!

He had the cheek to give the lino thumbs up to say they had got it right, the most releived player on the pitch was their goalie, he congrulated the one who had handled the ball for getting away with it!

On such decisions games are won and lost!

Other than that they were the much better side!

Well we are all entitled to our opinion and here’s mine ! - it appears we are playing to a management plan -as we haven’t got a quality centre forward - don’t concede and we might pinch a goal from a set piece. Time and time again we had no one in the centre forward position and if we do concede ie v Chippenham we have no answer. They offered very little in front of goal and us even less. Well done to Joe Parker for his goal and well done to whoever sent in an excellent delivery for the Lidds equaliser ( sadly he didn’t do much else tho) . If Harry Williams is crocked why did we sign him . It’s crying out for a Charlie Griffin type forward.
    I’m not knocking effort and appreciate we have got we can afford but at times it’s so frustrating . Young Fabien anonymous maybe he shone because we played a team 3 leagues below us on his debut
    Last edited by Gladfans; 29-09-18 at 08:56 PM.

We have Jake Jackson as well. Him, JP, FR and HW are more than adequate if we had them all fit, imo.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    We have Jake Jackson as well. Him, JP, FR and HW are more than adequate if we had them all fit, imo.
    Agree totally but the big IF is IF they are fit. Didn’t HW spend some considerable time crocked whilst in USA.

Mmmm,
    Defence solid enough, midfield non existent hence no attacking prowess. As good as Fabien was last week he was anonymous today as was Matt Liddiard, granted he got us out of jail but was second best throughout. Jamal huffed and puffed but their big central defender had him in his pocket.
    Joe Parker ran his socks off and deserves MOM.
    We lacked confidence, the ball has not got a red hot centre capable of damaging your health! That’s what some of the players played like today, they couldn’t pass it back quickly enough.
    Easy to be critical perhaps after a good week for GCFC and to the players credit despite down to 10 score a 95 min equaliser.
    Fa cup coming up,let’s concentrate on that.

I'm not sure, but Rico is nobodies fool, and knows he needs to ring every last bit value out of the budget he's got. He must believe his injury problems are quickly surmountable.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Pretty sure it was Adam Page who picked out Lidds. Thought he did well when he came on but without Webb we continue to lack leadership - who's going to step up? Is Isaac Kelly also injured? We'll be short of defenders assuming Jack is banned.

If we were away I would probably say it was a decent performance.

When we did go forward we looked dangerous but as mentioned above the midfield looked non-exsistent. With Harry and Jackson back I expect that will make a big difference.

Joe Parker and Matt Yates were brilliant as always. Any idea where Isaac Kelly is at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Agree totally but the big IF is IF they are fit. Didn’t HW spend some considerable time crocked whilst in USA.
    I've been informed that in the 2 years Harry spent in the US, he was only out out injured once, and that was for less than four weeks, so he certainly doesn't have an ongoing problem with injuries. His absence yesterday was very much precautionary, and he'll hopefully be back to fire us into the next round of the FA Cup on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I've been informed that in the 2 years Harry spent in the US, he was only out out injured once, and that was for less than four weeks, so he certainly doesn't have an ongoing problem with injuries. His absence yesterday was very much precautionary, and he'll hopefully be back to fire us into the next round of the FA Cup on Saturday!

Brilliant news cos we need him.