Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And in the FA Cup 3rdQ round we play.......

Sussed it now I was on the Devon Post live site....must have been the time difference.
    Still .....happy with that draw. Good prize money up for grabs and defo winnable. Better than a trip to Torquay or Billericky.

Agree with Graymim perfectly winnable any more French Nationals who can help us out ��

That's a decent draw. Won't be easy but play to our strengths and we should win.

Quote Originally Posted by graymim View Post
    Sussed it now I was on the Devon Post live site....must have been the time difference.
    Still .....happy with that draw. Good prize money up for grabs and defo winnable. Better than a trip to Torquay or Billericky.
    The FA in their wisdom had pre recorded the draw which is why it was nearly half an hour late.

You know what, I can't really get my head around what I think about this draw.

So we are playing a team in the league below, but they have a bit of form with a 6th place. Then again we have some buzz back with the FA Cup win and the promise of a whole dictionary of tricks in the form of Le Collins Robert.

I have also thought some about how a great provincial centre like Gloucester ends up playing a competitive match against a team that sounds like a sexual act. And although I quite literally have an intimate knowledge of the geography of Great Britain, I have never heard of Dorking, so I imagine its not a popular holiday destination and sounds like it might be up that London.

I have been having a good old think, and drawing from memory, in recalling that Gloucestershire Cricket Club had a lot of one-day success at the turn of the century. Some superstition was accorded to a frozen chicken that was taken to every cup match, thawed and was re-frozen* for the next match. I will be bringing a bag of lamb's bollocks and we'll see how we get on.

* Rumour goes that the owner enjoyed one victory too labguriously and after a Stella Gallon he sliced off part of the chicken for late night sandwich filler. He had the shits for a fortnight

So it appears we are playing this cup tie on Saturday 6th and Evesham are playing on Sunday 7th?

I found this on Evesham’s and Dorking’s websites ( not our own!) can someone confirm please? Thanks

It was announced that our game was being played on Saturday 6th the day after the draw?

I remember, because I did a little jig of delight!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Thanks very much. Out of interest, announced where?

It's been on Twitter and FB.

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I looked at the Official site!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by PeTe View Post
    Thanks very much. Out of interest, announced where?
    It was confirmed early Tuesday morning and all over FB & Twitter by lunchtime at the latest...