Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allez les Jaunes!

Well we won.
    Fabien was a class above against granted poor opposition, similar to Whitchurch a few seasons ago.Joe Parker had an excellent game along with Noah Smerdon .Others had a game to forget most of whom played in our back four.
    Still 9k in the kitty in front of a reasonable crowd.
    The clubhouse must be happy as a fair few parkway fans we’re hammered prior to the end..hic..hic.

Couldn't get a much better debut than that scoring after 17 seconds! Real shame then that we gifted Plymouth a penalty straight away. Pleased that we stepped it up in the last 30 minutes and put the tie to bed. We were the better team throughout but too often we gave away the ball with sloppy passing putting us under instant pressure, especially from the back (mainly Deaman passing straight to them). Sam looks a fair bit off the pace as well, tad worried with our centre back pairing there.

Joe Parker however was excellent and his pace troubled them all game, Joe Hanks played well and as for Fabien - different gravy. Into the next round then....you just know we're gonna draw Whitehawk

Whitehawk at home will be ok we can beat them on the pitch and then attack their coach after.

I do agree our back four did look a bit sloppy but it's the best we have at this moment and they were up against some very big robust forwards. It didn't help that every time our fullbacks got the ball they turned and passed it back towards our own goal.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    Whitehawk at home will be ok we can beat them on the pitch and then attack their coach after.
    Their coach runs on olive oil so that will be reported as another hate crime

Someone asked me in the first half if our number five was always that bad!

I thought Fabien was fantastic. I can’t remember the last time I was willing one of our players to get the ball to see what he’d do next. Some of his through balls etc would’ve come off too with some sharper forwards. Just goes to show the gap between our level and league football that someone can come in like that and look different class.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    I,m glad we didn't get them and I hope Bill and Ricky do em big time. I fecking hate that club (shitehawk)

Credit to Plymouth Parkway came and gave it a good go. Probably some of the smartest dressed away supporters too.

Overall good result for City and a good draw in the next round.

Agree with some that three out of the back four need to tighten up their game.

Having said that a 3-1 home win after two defeats was very pleasing to see.

Well done to Rico and team

Photos - https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigeri...57702393991004

(I'm really on the pulse me)