Thread: Common Assault

Angry Common Assault

I see that the egg-chasers have condemned the RFU for disciplining Cipriani for his conviction for common assault on a female police officer whist involved in an alleged drunken brawl whilst on a Gloucester RFC trip to Jersey - I would have thought that they too should be disciplining him if not actually sacking him for bringing their name into disrepute.

What do the rest of you think?

I also think that Ben Stokes should not be back in the England team for the third test against India following his recent court case. Okay he was acquitted of affray, but that was surely the wrong charge? If he had been charged with causing ABH (Actual Bodily Harm), I think he was sure to have been found guilty as he did actually injure one of the others involved.

I fully support Ben Stokes, whilst condemning Danny Cipriani out of hand.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Both as bad as the other. Love the number of tweets from rugby fans referring to Cipriani as "mate". Weird people.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Tyson Fury - he has given a number of beatings over the past few years and they have even shown some of them on TV. I'm amazed that the RFU or ECB haven't condemned his actions, but even more giddified by the actions of the BBC. Personally I think you can draw a very obvious line back to the Eastenders scripts from the early 1990s onwards which glorified violence through those 'loveable rogues' the Mitchell brothers, so the blame in my book lies at the door of the Director General.

And Margaret Thatcher