Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programmes

Kenny Howard

Programmes

At a recent Trust Board Meeting, it was decided to increase the price of the programmes from 2.80 to 3.00 for the coming season.

I hope that you all agree that this still represents great value for money (and certainly helps in change giving!)

Kenny Howard
    3.00 is a good deal for a quality programme

Ryan O'Hara
    I've been to Football League grounds where they charge 3 and the quality is by far worse than what we produce. Very reasonable price for an excellently produced programme such as ours

Makes no odds to me as will probably still end up getting one anyway but if we are going to charge 3.00 for programmes we probably should take a leaf out of the likes of Stockport & Boston's examples of how to do it

Considering how expensive it is to produce a glossy programme for small numbers compared to other clubs, 3 is a very reasonable price. Supports the club and supports our sponsors too, so will happily buy one.

Matt Taylor
    I'd have gone for 3.05.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by runcorn flag View Post
    Considering how expensive it is to produce a glossy programme for small numbers compared to other clubs, 3 is a very reasonable price. Supports the club and supports our sponsors too, so will happily buy one.
    It has to be a regular pain in the ass for non-league clubs. There can't be many that make money on them and regardless of what people say 3 is expensive considering that 3 can buy a decent magazine at the newsagents and that the non-league magazine cost the same.

Surely it's time for the rules to be relaxed?

Bagasan Graham
    Having spent a number of games selling golden goal and cash draw tickets last season, most people (non regulars and away fans) were surprised with our price of 2.80 and commented to say why don't you just charge 3. At the end of the day the price has gone up by 20p and you can't even get a Freddo chocolate for that these days

Ryan O'Hara
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I'd have gone for 3.05.
    I proposed 2.88, in line with inflation, but no-one was interested!

Kenny Howard
    They are a relic, its purely tradition keeping them going. In the days when this was the only means of a club communicating to supporters then it was needed but these days when we have a million other ways of doing it why is it still a thing? The amount of effort which goes into producing any programme is not equal to the experience of the reader, in my opinion. Would you make more money charging for team sheets?