Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 11 years

  1. #1

    11 years

    The rain came on this day 11 years ago and the rest of the story, well we know!!

  2. #2
    I had forgotten the date of the very worst day tbh.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire..._feature.shtml

  3. #3
    That was the last season I remember feeling hopeful of some league success- just signed Michael Whittington and Jack Pitcher, squad looking in great shape...and then the floods hit. Still, we only just missed out on the play offs that year with a great penultimate match of the season against big spending Kings Lynn at home almost seeing us take it to the last day.

  4. #4
    Was in the peel centre burger king at lunch sat looking over car park. I could easily imagine a stream of people in yellow n black shirts wandering over the canal bridge off to a big game. imagination all came crashing down as a family with a young kid walked by wearing a fgr shirt. Eleven years, almost impossible to believe.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    Was in the peel centre burger king at lunch sat looking over car park. I could easily imagine a stream of people in yellow n black shirts wandering over the canal bridge off to a big game. imagination all came crashing down as a family with a young kid walked by wearing a fgr shirt. Eleven years, almost impossible to believe.
    If we get back I really hope that the club do the U18 enter for free for at least the first season.... Kids would come and realize they donít need to travel to Stroud to watch a decent level of football,When I was a kid I actually only first heard of Gloucester city when one of my teachers gave us some free tickets for An England school boy match and from then on me an my mates used to save our paper round money and go to every home game on our BMX to watch City! Good memories

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    If we get back I really hope that the club do the U18 enter for free for at least the first season.... Kids would come and realize they don’t need to travel to Stroud to watch a decent level of football,When I was a kid I actually only first heard of Gloucester city when one of my teachers gave us some free tickets for An England school boy match and from then on me an my mates used to save our paper round money and go to every home game on our BMX to watch City! Good memories
    Even at £7 for a season ticket for 13-17 year olds that still represents fantastic value
    Last edited by Eric Van Der Floof; 25-07-18 at 08:24 PM.

  7. #7
    [QUOTE=Spanish tiger;8328]If we get back QUOTE]

    This interesting video by Jason I J Smith has been retweeted by the club on Twitter. Richard Graham puts some salient points

    https://twitter.com/JasonIJSmith/sta...31988654948352

    Hope this helps you find it.
    Last edited by Noah; 25-07-18 at 08:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Even at £7 for a season ticket for 13-17 year olds that still represents fantastic value
    That is good value,maybe first 5 games free or something just to get interest.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    If we get back I really hope that the club do the U18 enter for free for at least the first season.... Kids would come and realize they donít need to travel to Stroud to watch a decent level of football,When I was a kid I actually only first heard of Gloucester city when one of my teachers gave us some free tickets for An England school boy match and from then on me an my mates used to save our paper round money and go to every home game on our BMX to watch City! Good memories
    The £7 season ticket was brought in to ensure away fans paid, so hopefully they will offer a deal that encourages attendance, but some sort of charge will be necessary so we donít fall into that trap again.

  10. #10
    [QUOTE=Noah;8330]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    If we get back QUOTE]

    This interesting video by Jason I J Smith has been retweeted by the club on Twitter. Richard Graham puts some salient points

    https://twitter.com/JasonIJSmith/sta...31988654948352

    Hope this helps you find it.
    Thanks for that, certainly looks like ďitís coming homeĒ.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •