Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gcafc fixtures 2018/19 season

Might not be Torquay but at least its a visit to the seaside in August!

I am seriously concerned about this fixture list and a long run against the promotion favourites at the wrong time of the season. I really hope I am wrong but I don't have good feeling about this. Still we are battlers and proved them all wrong in the past COYY. It's coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by City Col View Post
    I am seriously concerned about this fixture list and a long run against the promotion favourites at the wrong time of the season. I really hope I am wrong but I don't have good feeling about this. Still we are battlers and proved them all wrong in the past COYY. It's coming home.
    What difference does it make? At the end of the day you have to play each other twice and things might not go as planned for some of those teams anyway. It might also be that one or more don't need the points anymore because they have won the title or already in the play-offs. Pointless being concerned about teams we are playing in April when we haven't even reached August yet.

I can see both sides.

We've had seasons where we've been shit before chrimbo then World beaters in the new year. No doubt against easier opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    What difference does it make? At the end of the day you have to play each other twice and things might not go as planned for some of those teams anyway. It might also be that one or more don't need the points anymore because they have won the title or already in the play-offs. Pointless being concerned about teams we are playing in April when we haven't even reached August yet.
    I hope you are right and that they don't need the points to win the title or get into the play offs. Top banter may it long continue

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I can see both sides.

We've had seasons where we've been shit before chrimbo then World beaters in the new year. No doubt against easier opponents.
    that would be every season....