Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signing

New Signing

Jake Jackson from Chip and Ham

Striker who only signed for them in December last year from Frome Town where he scored 13 in 29

What did he do for Chippenham?

I'm feeling rather underwhelmed by this.

only played 15 games last season for them. Prior to that, the previous two seasons he scored 37 goals in 70 games for Frome, only one level below us!

We were never going to be signing proven strikers at this level with our budget, but I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And me but let’s give him a chance - I remember him scoring for fun at Yate. Welcome.

All we need now is Danny Wright and Ben Whitehead and I think we would all be well happy. In Ricco we trust.
    Last edited by Gladfans; 28-06-18 at 06:54 AM.

Welcome to the club! Seems to have a decent enough record and Ricco knows exactly what hes looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    And me but let’s give him a chance - I remember him scoring for fun at Yate. Welcome.

All we need now is Danny Wright and Ben Whitehead and I think we would all be well happy. In Ricco we trust.
    Whitehead is staying at Cirencester next season. Although I think signing Wright, Whitehead and Jackson would probably be massively out of our price range!

Be fine as long as we fielded a revolutionary 0-0-3 formation.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What did he do for Chippenham?

Disappointed to say the least, not with the signing of Jake Jackson(I know nothing about him) but the players who left to better themselves not one has moved to a higher level. In fact some who left through last season are playing two leagues lower.

Never begrudge a player moving up the ladder, and I can understand going to Kiddy as they are full time. Some though, I agree.
    Simply a matter of money I suppose. It'll make for a few songs next season no doubt!

Jackson had a very good record at Frome and Yate but struggled to make his mark at Chippenham in our divison. 3 goals in 15 appearances or something like that? Nothing on their forum or on Twitter so difficult to gauge their reaction at him going. He was however on Chippenham's retained list so that is something.

Gotta say I'm surprised that Mills went to Bath from Hereford, as Bath are a community owned club I didn't think they'd have the cash for his (apparently hefty) wages. But surprised again to see Mann and Cundy go there too. They are assembling a good squad there. Disappointing to lose Cundy to them, out of all the players we've lost he's the biggest loss in my opinion.

Whitehead staying at Ciren is another surprise (well signing a new contract at least). I had heard a rumour we went after him but offered him less than he was on already there! Bodes well that.

The other players that have left - Ed Williams carried us at times and was occasionally head and shoulders better than anyone in yellow and black, but I also thought he was sometimes not great for the team because he'd try to do it alone when a easier pass was available. Parselle was inconsistent, Thomas was way off the pace compared to the season before and Lewis Hall was really poor in the final games of the year. They are a loss but not irreplaceable.

Danny Wright is still a free agent and Harry Williams is also still without a club. I'd wager that we have zero chance of the first though.

As it stands this appears to be squad for next season?

1. Andrew Hannah
    2. Issac Kelly
    3. Adam Page
    4. Joe Hanks
    5. Jack Deaman
    6. Sam Avery
    7. Chris Knowles
    8. Jake Jackson
    9. Joe Parker
    10. Matt Liddiard
    11. Noah Smerdon

12. Will Tunnicliffe
    14. Will Morford
    15. Matt Williams
    16. Jamie Edge
    17. Tom Webb
    18. Mike Green
    19. Spencer Hamilton

Out - Cundy, Ed Williams, Thomas, Hall, Parselle

Unsure - Harry Williams, Jamal Lawrence
    Last edited by Dom Joly's Publicist; 28-06-18 at 12:13 PM.

Welcome Jake. Hopefully we can give him better service than he was getting for Chippenham and he can rekindle his goal scoring form from Yate and Frome.

We may need to sign a creative midfielder/winger for him to get that service however....