Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Retained List

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Can't blame Lewis, or Keiran when that is finally announced. Where would you rather be? In a field in Evesham watched by a dwindling 200 pissed off people perennially on the promise that we'll be home soon or at Edgar Street infront of a noisy 3,500 with real ambitions of getting back to the Football League? Not much of a choice is it.
    Agree about the appeal of big crowds at the moment and probably better paid, but not sure the fans share real ambition about FL. those I have spoken to do not expect it and think they will settle at this or conference level. Their crowds fall when admission prices rise and there is a finite level of commercial support the club can rely on. We have far more potential to progress if we get home, although the players we’re talking about may be at the end of their careers by that point! 😉

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Why the panic? We are in June. The season doesn't start for another 2 months. We looked like we were doomed last season, but then from January onward we had play-off form. Sometimes it can be worth waiting as there will still be good players around looking for clubs closer the season and will take a smaller deal.
    Correct,Best to wait for a better deal, The clubs signing players now are the ones with money.

  3. #23
    [QUOTE=Dom Joly's Publicist;

    ;

    Hannah in goal

    M.Williams, Avery, Hamilton, Kelly

    Smerdon, Webb, Knowles, Hanks

    Parker, Morford


    We'd struggle with that.[/QUOTE]
    Whipping boys with that team

  4. #24
    Anyone got Adie Harris phone number?

  5. #25
    Noticed Ethan Moore isn’t on the retained or ‘missing’ list. Has he already gone and I missed that?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatt View Post
    Noticed Ethan Moore isn’t on the retained or ‘missing’ list. Has he already gone and I missed that?
    No thanks bring back Symmo and Darren Mullins then we will be really crap.

  7. #27
    Higher wages and ambition to play at a higher level are undoubtedly factors for those who have left. In addition, it is no secret that that players enjoy playing at Evesham about as much as we like travelling to the place.

    If our playing budget remains at the level it was at the end of last season (not including the Trust’s contribution which secured the services of Harry Wiiiliams), then I suspect it will be the smallest in the National League South by some margin.

    The fact that there appears no shortage of money in non league football can only make Rico’s job of recruiting players all the more difficult.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Higher wages and ambition to play at a higher level are undoubtedly factors for those who have left. In addition, it is no secret that that players enjoy playing at Evesham about as much as we like travelling to the place.

    If our playing budget remains at the level it was at the end of last season (not including the Trust’s contribution which secured the services of Harry Wiiiliams), then I suspect it will be the smallest in the National League South by some margin.

    The fact that there appears no shortage of money in non league football can only make Rico’s job of recruiting players all the more difficult.
    Phew! - Ethan is gone but more than surprised Jamie is still retained - perhaps until we get some signings on board?
    Suspect we will lean more heavily than ever on Hartpury students?
    As ever we will pick up the scrag ends and perhaps if we are lucky one or two trying there hand at a higher level from the Southern League. Best hope some cracking young players come into Hartpury to ''study'' this close season and Ricco encourages them to play for City and Hartpury!!
    Could be a long hard season but lets see if we get the odd surprise signing
    Last edited by Severnside; 05-06-18 at 07:48 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Why the panic? We are in June. The season doesn't start for another 2 months. We looked like we were doomed last season, but then from January onward we had play-off form. Sometimes it can be worth waiting as there will still be good players around looking for clubs closer the season and will take a smaller deal.
    Well said
    We can't sign on players early doors as we haven't the cash to bring them in and compete with the bigger spenders( most of them)
    We WILL get players doing the rounds with higher conference and league clubs not get a contract and play in the pre season/ August games always happens and always will! Agree to early to panic just yet.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Well said
    We can't sign on players early doors..
    We have done before.

    Obi Anoruo was confirmed on May 11th 2015
    Jas Singh was confirmed on May 23rd 2015

    What's changed?

    I thought the rent was cheaper at Evesham? Be a disaster if we were relegated the season before we return home (dependent on mast). It's imperative we tread water for one last nomadic season... but the signs aren't great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •