Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Rent might be cheaper but think of income that we have lost from the reduced crowds. Unless we have a stonking start to the season it won’t get any better. This is then reflected in the budget that is available to a Ricco.

It doesn’t look great at the moment as we will have lowest budget in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    The fact that there appears no shortage of money in non league football can only make Rico’s job of recruiting players all the more difficult.
    I would really have no issue with him picking players from Hartpury as long as we had a defender, midfielder and striker of true quality to build around.

Ok it's early in the transfer season for the big spenders but if we are to replace the departures we really need an old sweat or two to come in and steady the ship. Expect there will be a few 'young exciting talents' signed on from the College but it would be a pity to see us shafted next season on the pitch just as things seem to be getting moving off it after all this time.
    Another roller-coaster trip ahead next season methinks. Enjoy

We at least have the basis for a team. Cundy or Deamon or both at the back would be handy. Let’s not forget Harry Williams who might be tempted and if he signs one more decent forward would give us a half decent starting eleven. I would like to see Elliott Richards but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    We at least have the basis for a team. Cundy or Deamon or both at the back would be handy. Let’s not forget Harry Williams who might be tempted and if he signs one more decent forward would give us a half decent starting eleven. I would like to see Elliott Richards but I doubt it.
    We would have a play off challenging team there Gladfan I would also like to see a big awkward hard to handle forward for players like Harry Williams and Hayden Turner to feed off.

At least we have a side and 2 subs at the moment. East Thurrock have only kept 5 players from last season and I haven't noticed them sign anyone yet. Billericay have let a lot go and have yet to announce any signings although apparently they are this week. Dulwich haven't signed anyone yet either and I am sure the off the field issues are causing plenty of problems on that front. They are just some examples. Obviously we need to add to the squad as 13 isn't enough and I am sure Ricco doesn't need us to tell him where we need strengthening.

Can't see them signing for us but I guess you never know...

Danny Wright is Gloucester based and without a club but could we afford his potential wages? Probably rhetorical but who knows. Would be a marquee signing anyway.

Consistent goalscorer John Mills hasn't re-signed for Hereford and rumour is he's on the off after their move north, lives Oxford way so assume Oxford City and the London clubs that side would stand a better chance.

Hereford don't seem to be going after James Bowen after his loan (despite their forum wanting them to), think he's back at Solihull Moors now.

Jack Deaman of course is a free agent but didn't have the best of times in the Southern Prem with Hereford.

Is Harry Williams still here or back in the States? His injury may have helped us potentially retain his services for next season if he's still around.

Jake Gosling appears to be available as a free agent.

Ben Whitehead hasn't signed a new contract, from what I've seen anyway, for Cirencester. Far too good for S&W level.

Omar Bugiel was released by FGR but surely a National club will get him, Alex Whittle is a left back and has also been released by them. Was most recently playing for Southport in the North but again would think wages are way more than what we can offer.

Think it's also important to remember that the one player we have definitely lost and the other we appear to be (to the same team) had poor season's by their standards.

Cundy, Parselle and Ed Williams going would massively weaken us however.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilesy View Post
    Be a disaster if we were relegated the season before we return home (dependent on mast). It's imperative we tread water for one last nomadic season... but the signs aren't great.
    I always thought it’d be typical we’d go down the season before we go back home! I hope that doesn’t come true as we won’t be back in the NL any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    I always thought it’d be typical we’d go down the season before we go back home! I hope that doesn’t come true as we won’t be back in the NL any time soon.
    Don’t worry yet MC, if that mast doesn’t “do one” fairly soon can we realistically return home for 19/20?!