Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Player news - any idea when?

The Trust Board are meeting tomorrow and I will put out a statement this week to update you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Does anyone else think that we could be using players solely from Hartpury College next year?

Not saying that this is necessarily a bad think, it would be like being full time, I'd just be concerned at the lack of experience.
    We'd be one of those teams who basically takes voluntary relegation on a shoestring budget if we did that. Like Cinderford two seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    The Trust Board are meeting tomorrow and I will put out a statement this week to update you.
    Yes please Taff get us some news, any news on new signings who we are getting rid of, news on Meadow Park progress if any, make it up if you have to this silence is doing my head in. Why can't we be like other normal clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    Yes please Taff get us some news, any news on new signings who we are getting rid of, news on Meadow Park progress if any, make it up if you have to this silence is doing my head in. Why can't we be like other normal clubs.
    City donít do NORMAL

Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    I have asked when news are going to be available on issues in the past only to be told that people have busy day jobs as well. It may be true but is no way to treat fans and gethical us enthused is it? I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. I expect the media guy Chris Gage is only paid in the season for doing the job so the seat is empty....????
    To Severnside,

As I've explained on Twitter, everyone involved has a day job and recently mine has had to take precedent. I do all the GCAFC work in my own time but extended working hours have restricted this time of late.

If you find that disrespectful or disengaging in any way then that is your prerogative HOWEVER, I find your remarks on this forum nothing short of insulting. You may have found my matter-of-fact Twitter retort disrespectful but your remarks also show me the same disrespect.

Just to be clear, I've NEVER been paid for the work I do for City (nor might I add are ANY of the people who VOLUNTEER for the Club) and when I joined was never expecting to be paid.
    Fiscal reward is not the reason why I joined. I saw a club with massive potential and I joined to help make a difference.
    Whilst we are a long way away from the set up I would like, EVERYONE is working hard in the background to rectify it.
    Due to the events of last season, we've been predominantly reactive rather than proactive with communication but that is gradually changing.
    I've spoken at length with many supporters and have always made my email available should anyone wish to contact me directly.

I don't respond to comments on Twitter due to trying to keep a certain professionalism to the Club official channels however, quite frankly, when you cast aspersions that the only reason I am doing this is because I am paid then I will come out and say something in my own defence. Those who know me best are fully aware that I don't get paid for any work to do with City.

I don't normally respond on the forum as I don't wish to get into a virtual to and fro. I prefer face to face conversations and I've tried to make myself available at all games this past season and will continue to do to any supporters who want to have a conversation.

I am currently formulating the update (key people I needed to confirm details have been away on holiday) and I have said on Twitter, that this week is when it will be released.

I hope this offers some explanation and I can only apologise to all the Supporters for keeping you waiting (and any disrespect you may have felt by the Twitter comment Severnside has alluded to, those of you I have spoken to or who know me will know that disrespect was never my intention) however, once I have something ready and officially signed off, I promise you, you will have it.

I wish you all the best, I hope you enjoy the World Cup and I will see you all for pre-season.

Chris

The official site says there will be news this week ( after a delay) letís hope itís worth waiting for.

The above entry must have been being formulated at the same time as mine. Letís not knock people who are using their own time to keep our club going as frustrating as it may be. Letís not forget its these people who stepped into the brink after last seasons departures.
    Last edited by Gladfans; 04-06-18 at 12:39 PM.

Agree we do not knock the people that are keeping this club going, although i would like i do not have the time to help as i know the amount of time and effort that has to be committed to the club as a volunteer so i applaud all of those who do

Look forward to the next update whatever the news

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gage View Post
    To Severnside,

As I've explained on Twitter, everyone involved has a day job and recently mine has had to take precedent. I do all the GCAFC work in my own time but extended working hours have restricted this time of late.

If you find that disrespectful or disengaging in any way then that is your prerogative HOWEVER, I find your remarks on this forum nothing short of insulting. You may have found my matter-of-fact Twitter retort disrespectful but your remarks also show me the same disrespect.

Just to be clear, I've NEVER been paid for the work I do for City (nor might I add are ANY of the people who VOLUNTEER for the Club) and when I joined was never expecting to be paid.
    Fiscal reward is not the reason why I joined. I saw a club with massive potential and I joined to help make a difference.
    Whilst we are a long way away from the set up I would like, EVERYONE is working hard in the background to rectify it.
    Due to the events of last season, we've been predominantly reactive rather than proactive with communication but that is gradually changing.
    I've spoken at length with many supporters and have always made my email available should anyone wish to contact me directly.

I don't respond to comments on Twitter due to trying to keep a certain professionalism to the Club official channels however, quite frankly, when you cast aspersions that the only reason I am doing this is because I am paid then I will come out and say something in my own defence. Those who know me best are fully aware that I don't get paid for any work to do with City.

I don't normally respond on the forum as I don't wish to get into a virtual to and fro. I prefer face to face conversations and I've tried to make myself available at all games this past season and will continue to do to any supporters who want to have a conversation.

I am currently formulating the update (key people I needed to confirm details have been away on holiday) and I have said on Twitter, that this week is when it will be released.

I hope this offers some explanation and I can only apologise to all the Supporters for keeping you waiting (and any disrespect you may have felt by the Twitter comment Severnside has alluded to, those of you I have spoken to or who know me will know that disrespect was never my intention) however, once I have something ready and officially signed off, I promise you, you will have it.

I wish you all the best, I hope you enjoy the World Cup and I will see you all for pre-season.

Chris
    Thanks Chris for again correcting me and I did know you aren't paid - that wasn't the point.
    I do not criticise individuals just the way it continues to be poorly run from the TOP with communication.
    The fact that you alone are solely responsible for a club at this level says it all and is not a dig directly at you.
    The poor promotion of the club ref season tickets and ins and outs does not help promote the club...
    This is the end of the subject and no offence was intended directly to you but rather the relative silence for whatever reason to date since the season ended. By the way I have in the past offered to assist in some way but was never contacted with a response.
    Sorry you took it personally.
    The end.

credit to you severside

I would have thought most clubs at our level are promoted via a volunteer so the fact we only have Chris is not unusual. I follow a lot of Non-League clubs on Twitter and I would also say we aren't alone in not having signed any players as of yet. Granted some have been busy, but I would also not read too much into the fact we haven't.