Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Player news - any idea when?

Quote Originally Posted by runcorn flag View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response Chris and as said before, it's not a criticism as such but an observation. As GetUsHome has advised, its not the quality of tweets at all, the gifs etc have been superb, but the volume. With your responsibilities in and outside of City, I understand the media side is another time consuming thing and you can only cut a cake so many times before the slices are too thin.
    Nice GBBO analogy there RF.
    And of course as fans we want our cake and eat it! And ideally a real showstopper!

But it's also a technical challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    Nice GBBO analogy there RF.
    And of course as fans we want our cake and eat it! And ideally a real showstopper!
    All we really want is what every other club at this level provides a decent competitive team playing on our own ground in our town or city.

Could be worse. Could be Charlton FC
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Everyone appreciates what Chris is doing and there are some good posts in here. I was hoping that when the exodus happened and we got new people in then weíd have more people to do the jobs. It seems like weíre just piling more jobs onto fewer people.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Everyone appreciates what Chris is doing and there are some good posts in here. I was hoping that when the exodus happened and we got new people in then we’d have more people to do the jobs. It seems like we’re just piling more jobs onto fewer people.

I totally agree.

Agreed MC. The gifs etc have been great, undoubtedly and the new signings from a couple of weeks ago were top drawer. As you allude too, itís the amount of work being put on so few.

For example last season the advertising of matchhdays via social media was minimal and sometimes did not occur. When we donít have a presence in the city and or attendances are as low as ever, we need to be advertising the fixtures at least 3-4 times a week prior to the event on social media and get i peoples faces somewhat. Iím not savvy with social media marketing etc, but apparently there are apps or the like where you can pre-load the tweets so they send at 12pm monday, 5pm Wednesday, 7pm Thursday for example. Towards the end of last season with our spate of midweek games a few people I know who are sometimes attendees didnít attend the games as they had no idea they were being played.

I went to watch a fair few Tuffley, Stourport Swifts and Bromsgrove games last season when I had a free evening and then saw a tweet advertising the game. Currently we are missing out on some fans who do the same - it may be a minimal number, but we need every person through the gate we can at the moment.

And to reiterate, not a dig at Chris at all, the quality of tweets has been superb, just a lot for one person to undertake.

Social media is great for filling the gaps that local radio has created on match days but I don't think it's something to get upset or excited about at other times. That and all kinds of media. I've given a ridiculous amount of time to creating content about the club over the years and what has it done? We're still only getting 200 at home games, wherever they are!

A very valid point Neil. 200 may be deemed a decent crowd this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    A very valid point Neil. 200 may be deemed a decent crowd this season.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see us bottom of the table this season...........for attendances that is