Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Player news - any idea when?

On on the computer so I can read the Citizen website!
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen
    Former Evesham United midfielder handed trial at Football League clubNewport to give 25-year-old chance to impress

Former Evesham United midfielder Mat Liddiard will join League Two Newport County on trial at the start of next week.

Liddiard spent one year at Evesham after leaving Cirencester Town, where he was club captain.

He helped Paul Collicutt’s men reach the play-offs for a third time in four years, but they were beaten on penalties by Swindon Supermarine in the semi-finals.

Former Hartpury College student Liddiard was given the chance to step up two levels with National League South Gloucester City, where he played before joining Cirencester.

But he could now be given an opportunity in the Football League, with Newport set to run the rule over the 25-year-old, who is also comfortable at centre-half.

He scored 21 goals in 2017/18, providing a major threat from set pieces with his aerial ability and winning both the manager’s and players’ player of the year awards.

Would also be a blow to the community side of the club as well

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Would also be a blow to the community side of the club as well
    He works for the rugby club now.

Good luck to him but would be a sad loss...before we'd had time to gain. Saw him a couple of times at Evesham last season including a dynamic performance in the 9 men Vs 10 men defeat by Salisbury.

Did he REALLY stand out in midfield? Chris Burns is the only midfielder that I've ever seen that could boss a game the way that they keep suggesting that Lidds has at the lower level yet when he's played for us I can only honestly say I've seen him in two games where he's made any real impact.

Lidds has confirmed on Twitter that whilst he enjoyed his time at Newport, nothing came of it, and he's all geared up to hit the ground running as a City player.
    Selfishly, excellent news!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

It's funny. I was nonplussed when I heard he'd rejoined but concerned when he was going on trial there. I'm expecting a lot from him.