Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player news - any idea when?

Player news - any idea when?

I see most other clubs have released a retained list, and some have even starting announcing new signings (Jack Compton is an impressive coup for Chippenham).

Any ideas when we might be doing the same? I think the lads are currently on a well deserved beer up somewhere sunny, but hopefully we can have an update soon after that?

Is Ed Williams signing for Exeter?

We signed players too early last year so I hope things don't get rushed into.

Ricco i am sure is different to Tim

In a good or a bad way?

Can we expect to basically call up Hartpury players?

We were at our best when Tim was bringing in players via an agent; Harry White, Sahr Kabba, Femi Orenuga etc but when that stopped I think we were poorer for it.

We need some excitement!

Not sure on Ed. He went away as soon as the season finished and from what I've been told he's not coming back until shortly before the season starts. Will Exeter (or anyone else) want to sign anyone with no pre-season behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    In a good or a bad way?

Can we expect to basically call up Hartpury players?

We were at our best when Tim was bringing in players via an agent; Harry White, Sahr Kabba, Femi Orenuga etc but when that stopped I think we were poorer for it.

We need some excitement!
    Quite a few players at our level (and below) have agents now and don't always bring quality. Sure Ricco knows what (and who) he wants.

Appreciate that but those players all came via the same agent, it was a different pool of talent. They were put up in a house locally.

That house thing was interesting. Not particularly sustainable but made for some interesting signings for sure.

I think signing high quality players, possibly dropping out of the full time game, can be facilitated by incentives like that. I guess offering Hartpury courses/ jobs works in a similar way. A lot of these lads have no structure to their lives after being released so benefits like these can make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Appreciate that but those players all came via the same agent, it was a different pool of talent. They were put up in a house locally.
    EMG has a large rental property portfolio in and around Glos. Not a big thing for him (my sister lived in such a rental property) so always sill an option should the player need crop up again i would think....

Another reason not to knock his input into the club!