Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Player news - any idea when?

The Severn Sport Night In - every week on www.severnsport.co.uk

Is there any fee involved what with being u24?

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/glo...-mat-liddiard/
    Great that Deaman is back! Surprised to see us signing Lids again

Excellent news about Deaman, happy to see Page given a go again, I share the thought of surprise to see Lids back.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Excellent news about Deaman, happy to see Page given a go again, I share the thought of surprise to see Lids back.
    Always rated Jack Deaman and was surprised to see him go from Hereford. Wasn't Lidds a prolific scorer last season? (21 from midfield) may be a surprise but if he wants to play for us may have the passion lacking in some.
    We do need a CF badly so fingers crossed for that one.

Three good signings imo . Always like Deamon and Lids don’t know much about young Page but welcome anyway. Without being greedy Cundy alongside Deamon would be nice and now another forward to go with Harry Williams ( should he sign) I’m almost getting excited ( is it my age or following our great club for 50+ years - not sure) well done Ricco et al COYY.
    Last edited by Gladfans; 13-06-18 at 04:56 PM.

I would like to see Rob Cundy play along side Jack Deaman what a pairing they would make in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Always rated Jack Deaman and was surprised to see him go from Hereford. Wasn't Lidds a prolific scorer last season? (21 from midfield) may be a surprise but if he wants to play for us may have the passion lacking in some.
    We do need a CF badly so fingers crossed for that one.
    Played quite a lot at CB as well as in midfield, and the vast majority of his goal haul were headers from set pieces. Will be a very useful asset to our armoury.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

3 good signings. Big fan of Deaman. Page looked lively for us when he got the chance on loan, and did very well at Redditch. Lidds is a good bloke and certainly gives us extra options around midfield and defence.

Good job Ricco.

The only one of those that really excites me is Page. Don't recall seeing much of him last season but there must've been a reason why Tim didn't pick him when he had him. That said, he's a winger. Lets hope that he can do what a winger is supposed to do, they'll always hit you and hurt you defend and attack there's only one way to beat them get round the back.

As for Lidds? Third time lucky? He had a great game at Workington. He had a good game at Nuneaton. Other than that he didn't stand out for me at all. I hope he's just not one of those players who impresses at a lower level but can't cut it with us. Hopefully he'll galvanise the midfield.

Deaman is a good player but when Hereford were on the TV the commentators slated him, he was at fault for two goals IIRC.

A striker would be nice too please Ricco