Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Cup squad

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Every striker needs a winger. I like watching England games. I like going to Wembley and sitting up in the top tier. I think you get a much better idea of what's happening than watching on telly. It seems that it always takes England teams an hour to work out that they aren't going to walk the ball into the penalty area and they need to get behind the full backs. We need wingers.
    Fewer teams seem to play with wingers these days, and those that play with "traditional" type wingers play 442, which I can't see England doing. Three up front seems to be the way top teams go these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    We’ve got a better squad than 4 years ago, but we still lack an experienced keeper, at least one top centre half, an inspirational captain and adequate numbers in the centre of midfield.
    Are there any other perfect XI's among the remaining 31 entrants?

Panama I reckon

After watching the FA Cup Final, there are a couple of squad players I'd leave at home

Are people just knocking Phil Jones because he gave away the penalty? IMO people knock defenders cos they'll always come out second best against attackers. I mean, Hazard could've had a mare but he still scored the winning goal. Jones made one mistake and he's remembered for it.

Trouble with Jones is that he will consistently make errors every game and whilst you might get away with that over the course of a league season, in one off games like yesterday and in the World Cup, that’s what he’ll get remembered for. IMO Smalling would have been the better option of the 2 to take.

Harry Kane named captain, Great choice imo as he know won’t be obligated to play Henderson, The press will be hopeful that they can ruin our chances with there negativity.Wayne Rooney was never the same player after he lost that craziness, All thanks to the press.

Is the captains role that important?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Is the captains role that important?
    Steven Gerrard vs AC Millán , Ronaldo in the euro cup final... I know they are world class but I thecpoint is they make there team mates believe, Roy keane another great example.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Harry Kane named captain, Great choice imo as he know won’t be obligated to play Henderson, The press will be hopeful that they can ruin our chances with there negativity.Wayne Rooney was never the same player after he lost that craziness, All thanks to the press.
    i Can never understand the press in this country and ultimately the people thatwho are taken in by the negative stories they print all the time. Another reason why England have under achieved for years at tournaments as players are scared of how the press react. Beckham in France 98 is probably the biggest example of it. The guy was made the scapegoat for the defeat and suffered horrendous abuse from the public because of the way the press went about it