Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup squad

World Cup squad

Itís not Gloucester city related because non of our players got picked, But what are your thoughts?
    Disappointed Shelvey didnít get picked over Dier( but not surprised) but apart from that pleased to see a squad picked on form and not status,Be interesting to see where Young and Delph play if they get a game, My only worry now is finding a bar which will show the England games!

It will be like the last four World Cups mate. Bars get a special 2 week TV deal for England games then it's back to normal. (I would love to be proved wrong).

Do bars shut in Spain?
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Do bars shut in Spain?
    Unfortunately yes 😞

I remember watching the Euros fine there 2 years ago. Do they only stay open like that in tourist areas?

Tourist areas definitely no problem,But im based in a very Spanish area,And there not as football crazy as us,Only show Spanish games and a selection of others.

The local bar in the village my in-laws live in opens at 5am so all the local old boys can fill up on brandy and coffee on the way to work, and just when you (used to) fancy a drink after lunch the weirdos shut up!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    The local bar in the village my in-laws live in opens at 5am so all the local old boys can fill up on brandy and coffee on the way to work, and just when you (used to) fancy a drink after lunch the weirdos shut up!
    I think it's called Siesta

I'd need one if I got on the piss at five every morning!

Going back on topic for a moment, we have two decent strikers in Vardy and Kane who probably won't play together which is just as well because we've not picked a winger to supply them. Albrighton always seems decent but doesn't fit England's way of playing.