Thread: Scouting / trialist matches

Scouting / trialist matches

3 games full of players released from pro clubs to be held at Tuffley Rovers on Sunday. A few ex-City involved including Karnell, Charlie Ten-Grotthuis, and Ross Finnie.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...mpression=true

We wanted to use Tuffley Rovers so scouts will see the players compete in a tough environment rather than just a technical academy game."

Translation: we couldn’t afford anywhere else

Tyrone Tucker Dixon!

And wow, what a list. Professional football ruins young men's hopes and dreams.

Hope Rico is not on his hols yet.

I assume that Karnell has been released by Chippenham is he worthy of a second chance ? Not sure. Some of the others whom we had as loan players didn’t impress me much and the statement “have been on the books” means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    We wanted to use Tuffley Rovers so scouts will see the players compete in a tough environment rather than just a technical academy game."

Translation: we couldn’t afford anywhere else
    Yeah the kid who runs the agency plays for/coaches Tuffley I think. I'm told he's a bit of a bellend, but I guess you have to be if you're going to be a football agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pims manager again View Post
    Hope Rico is not on his hols yet.
    Even if he is - enough coaches and scouts at the club to check if anyone worth offering a place at Hartpury if they are any good. I would imagine Ricco will know who is and isn't but maybe one or two surprises?
    Last edited by Severnside; 12-05-18 at 01:28 PM.

Saw two of the trial matches today at Tuffley Rovers.A bobbly pitch, hard as concrete was not good for free flowing football!
    Karnell Chambers was as good as any in the first game, second no one was outstanding though an East Thurrock centre back was useful.
    IMO the biggest problem with most of the triallists was their height or lack of it!! Some were 5'4 to 5''7, they would have been cannon fodder in our league. No offence ....do'nt call us we'll call you.

Smile

Remember we had a lad Luke Thomas I think, six foot six or there abouts, gave him a few games and sent him back to his club.

I find big blokes cannot turn under a sink!