Thread: Hereford

Hereford

Kings Lynn lost to Slough so it looks as though our local derby and big pay day next season isn't going to happen. They'll be in the NL North.

Torquay will be the Stockport of the NLS next season. Bet we get them in middle of winter to scupper a weekend away

I read a book about them once. They never had two pennies to rub together. I'd be surprised of they made too much of an impact.

Was this the one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Left-Foot-G...7744/ref=nodl_

Read it myself and was really interesting

May have been a previous book, it was definately by Garry Nelson.

There were two indeed, both excellent

By coincidence reading that now, read it before a few years ago. Would recommend it big time, one of the best football books I have ever read.

Torquay are nothing like Stockport. Stockport are a much bigger club and they have been treading water in the National League for 2 seasons prior to this year so think they might struggle to make much of an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Torquay are nothing like Stockport. Stockport are a much bigger club and they have been treading water in the National League for 2 seasons prior to this year so think they might struggle to make much of an impact.
    Correct
    They averaged about 1500 in the national league so that will drop to about 1000 and will drop even more if they donít start strongly, Money problems for the last few years, Stockport pull in 5000 plus in a league lower.

They have committed to staying full time, at this level that must surely give them a big advantage