Thread: Braintree tomorrow

Braintree tomorrow

In previous years, the award for Supporters Player of the Season and Players Player of the Season have been made at the End of Season Presentation Evening. Unfortunately, the winners this season are unable to attend on Friday 4th May.

Both awards will be presented to the winners at the end of the game tomorrow. If you are attending the game, please stay behind following the final whistle to offer your support.

Found the news of Ed Williams' award of Supporters' Player of the Year on the Trust site. Quite right too.
    Last edited by Noah; 28-04-18 at 07:34 PM.

It was a privilege to present an emotional Ed Williams with the award for Supporters Player of the Season. As I said yesterday, he is one of the most talented players to have worn a City short.

I have no idea what his intentions are for next season, but managed to have a quick chat with Ed after the game. It is clear that he immensely enjoys playing for Gloucester City, enjoys an excellent relationship with the fans, but I suspect has aspirations to play at a higher level. Whatever his decision, I know he will be fondly remembered by everyone at the club.

Looks like we should've been 1-0 down at half time - how did that not go in off the post?

Video makes it look like we only had one shot in each half - is that right?

Poor defending / marking for all three goals.

Would expect highlights to show our disallowed goal! Makes me suspect it was contentious.

Poor highlights not showing our disallowed goal as in play Joe appeared to be behind his man when the ball was played. Officials had a poor game all round and ref capped it off but not booking the scorer of their third goal for removing his shirt.

I seem to remember Adam mentioning that at the time.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I seem to remember Adam mentioning that at the time.
    I must have missed that

Didn't expect anything from that game fielding a team without Webby, Knowles, Cundy or Harry Williams. The defence looked awful and what was our keeper doing for their third goal. With the teams coming in next season we will need to strengthen the squad if we want to be at this level when we go back to Meadow Park.