Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Q&A on The Votte

Well I didnít realize that it could not be used in the league,So maybe not the best idea then... However any possible money making ideas must be supported imo.

James Palmer

Funding for grass roots makes sale of Wembley a no brainer!

The following was purloined from Fridays Daily Telegraph!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Selling off the Crown Jewels!
    -----------------------------------

It is a national disgrace that the richest football nation does not have adequate facilities to play the game at every level.

It is a disgrace that children are forced to play on mud heaps,or cannot play at all through of lack of pitches, inclement weather or poor upkeep.

It is embarrassing that we have so many waterlogged,neglected, vandalized municipal facilities!

In 2014 there were 639 high quality, publicly available artificial pitches in England.

In Germany there were 3735.

Every village never mind every town, should have sports facilities to allow it's children and adults to play on!

And that includes 3g and 4g pitches!

The FA has commissioned 330 new pitches over the next 10 years!

If Wembley is sold, the money will be available for more!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

It takes vision and money but I do not expect to see a 3 or 4g pitch at New Meadow Park, that would be the right and proper way forward not just to start!

Neikell Plummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Well I didn’t realize that it could not be used in the league,So maybe not the best idea then... However any possible money making ideas must be supported imo.
    I suspect it will change by the time we get anywhere near to be fair and it might even change in the summer, but it wont change quickly enough for Sutton to keep it should they go up.

James Palmer

Just came across this on the BBC website!

Two football clubs in Northern Ireland devastated by floods last summer have received almost £200,000 from Uefa's natural disaster fund.

An annual budget of Ä500,000 is made available by Uefa for hardship support across Europe.

Championship club Institute in County Londonderry [Ä160,880] and Intermediate League side Ardstraw [Ä57,860] from County Tyrone have been given relief.

Institute were forced out of their Drumahoe ground due to water damage.

The club pitch, changing rooms and stands were destroyed by significant flooding last August, and the club is now playing at the home of North-West Junior League club Churchill United..

Do those in charge of Gloucester City not know how to apply for all the grants that are available to help clubs in distress?

Lee Jeffries
    I question I heard elsewhere - what happens to have a 3G pitch if it floods? Does it get wrecked (losing all rubber crumbs), or does it just dry out and is instantly playable again?

Matt Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I question I heard elsewhere - what happens to have a 3G pitch if it floods? Does it get wrecked (losing all rubber crumbs), or does it just dry out and is instantly playable again?
    Great question Joe

Lee Jeffries
    Reference: Phillips, M. (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    This artificial pitch didnít fair very well and interestingly it was built on higher ground for flood defenders reasons!: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-pitch-7087770

Iím in 2 minds about 3G - it will raise revenue but as Darran points out, it may not bring in as much income as people anticipate.

Iíd liked the idea of 3G to give Meadow Park more of a Ďcommunity stadiumí feel. Even if only 40 people a night use it over 5 days, thatís another potential 200 fans, who are local and like football, so should be easier to convert than anyone. Hopefully we would keep them as fans even after they stop playing and a new crop replace them.

With a 3G pitch, MP could be used as a Ďfinalí stadium for all the cups throughout the junior and senior leagues throughout the county - Iím sure the junior league teams in particular would be driven to get to play in a Ďproperí stadium and if we can get them hooked before they get discover the Man Utd or Chelsea, they could be fans for life.

We will have been out of the community for 12 years by the time we return home and lost an entire generation of fans, but Gloucester is a big place with plenty of people who like football to re-engage with, and a 3G pitch is one way of doing that.

The only issue with a 3G pitch as far as I an see is whether the football will still be as good on an artificial surface..

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    I suspect it will change by the time we get anywhere near to be fair and it might even change in the summer, but it wont change quickly enough for Sutton to keep it should they go up.
    Itís still a bit of a gamble, Mrike makes a good point about being a community club, plus the youth teams would play their matches on it , The potential is not just in the rent but also bar takings, I always felt that meadow park was always out of the way and hidden ,Though nowadays by luck it has a much better location, I just hope the club are capable of making the most of it.

3G is shit.