Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Q&A on The Votte

Matt Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Correct me if Iím wrong but it only exists plock court in Glos as an all weather pitch, Iím sure it would rent out easily.
    There is a pitch in abbeydale, brockworth, a second one at plock court too.

Alex Harris
    Bourneside and All Saints on the doorstep too.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Lee Jeffries
    There are a lot of artificial pitches but I can testify that most of them are booked up nearly every evening. Took me ages to find a vacant slot when I was looking last year; the best I could find was a Sunday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Brockworth and Quedgeley have one too and a little further afield is Hartpury of course.
    Yes true at Severn vale, I even trained there so should of known, Didnít know there was one in Brockworth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    There is a pitch in abbeydale, brockworth, a second one at plock court too.
    Been a few years since Iíve been to plock court, So they have built a new one next to the old one then?

Alex Harris
    Been a few years since I’ve been to plock court, So they have built a new one next to the old one then?
    Its been down since I was a puppy, so must be a 1G.

Not the best!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Matt Taylor
    Been a few years since Iíve been to plock court, So they have built a new one next to the old one then?
    There are two there but not sure if both 3G now that Dave has mentioned it.

Lee Jeffries
    Those pitches are primarily reserved for Gloucestershire Uni use these days. Me and my mates got hoiked off them when they expanded last year.

Neikell Plummer
    I am sure that hiring it out won't be a problem, but what you also have to factor in is that it is a massive outlay to start with. You also have to employ people to run it and obviously most of the time it will be hired out when it is dark so your floodlights will be on 7 days a week. Like I say Sutton don't actually make much if anything from having a 3g pitch down. The thing for them is that they are able to have a lot of sides play on it and that in turn provides more interest in the club. It is going to cost them £500000 to rip it up and put a turf pitch back down should they win promotion in a couple of weeks. I'm also led to believe that at some point it would need replacing. Like I said I am doubtful it would be the big money earner plenty on here think it would be.

And the goalposts have wheels and look shit.