Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A on The Votte

Iím not particularly keen on a 3G pitch but then you think about the commercial opportunities and how much money it could make City itís a no brainer really...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Iím not particularly keen on a 3G pitch but then you think about the commercial opportunities and how much money it could make City itís a no brainer really...
    Totally agree, If it means some income during the close season plus almost no postponed games and low maintenance costs it canít be sniffed at.

[QUOTE=Spanish tiger;7156]
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Robin View Post
    Two things, 1. Calling it El Glosico in the first place is an embarrassment, and 2. I speak for a lot of Cheltenham fans when I say we'd much rather a derby with Gloucester than that advertising tool from Nailsworth.[/QUOTE

Hopefully if we get back home we might play each other in our life time, By that point Ecotricity Rovers will be fighting for a play off spot in the championship.
    They will have gone bust and be playing County football by then more likely.

I think there would be a genuine appetite for a proper rivalry between our two clubs in the future, God knows I fully expect Gloucester City even now (with reduced average attendance) to have sold out the away end for the match a couple of weeks ago rather than only 3/4 fill it as FGR did.

Enjoyed the Q and A last night. Very comprehensive with lots of heartening responses.

Also - I'm game for 3G. It's the future I reckon.

3G isn't the cash cow people think it is. Sutton's manager confirmed this the other week. There are plenty of extra costs that go along with it that people seem to forget about. What it does mean that lots of sides can play on it which is what Sutton use if for, but it doesn't make them much if any money. Watching football on 3G is crap. The game against Eastbourne confirmed it for me and it will be sad if we go down that route.

Good to hear interaction from the Board - would have preferred to hear them say we WILL(not aim) to be at Meadow Park in 19/20 season
    Smutty boys are lonely boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    I’m not particularly keen on a 3G pitch but then you think about the commercial opportunities and how much money it could make City it’s a no brainer really...
    I totally agree!

Are there footballers and teams desperately searching for places to play in Gloucester? Is it a if you build it they will come type thing? Remember, they're expensive to put down and expensive to hire!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Are there footballers and teams desperately searching for places to play in Gloucester? Is it a if you build it they will come type thing? Remember, they're expensive to put down and expensive to hire!
    Correct me if Iím wrong but it only exists plock court in Glos as an all weather pitch, Iím sure it would rent out easily.

Brockworth and Quedgeley have one too and a little further afield is Hartpury of course.