Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A on The Votte

Many thanks to the organisers, participants and Rod and Chris for the intelligent and honest discussion which really was a huge positive.

An interesting article. There appears to be an element of “planning on the hoof !” . We are now going to use the old changing rooms ( a lift up to the pitch?) .a few weeks ago someone mentioned the pitch will be seeded soon - now the prospect of a 3G pitch for community use? It appears funding is the issue with the intention of getting us back home ASAP but to a stadium along the lines of Evesham. The positive- we will be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Thought it was really good,Did they see the questions before hand? Professional answers and logical reasons,But the best bit had to be when he said it annoyed him that “el glosico” is played by teams which dont carry the county’s name, I know where he’s coming from!
    Two things, 1. Calling it El Glosico in the first place is an embarrassment, and 2. I speak for a lot of Cheltenham fans when I say we'd much rather a derby with Gloucester than that advertising tool from Nailsworth.

Wasn’t the El Glosico phrase coined by Tuffley Rovers v Longlevens a few years back anyway

A positive exchange it was. Thanks to all who put effort into the questions and providing excellent answers. But if my understanding is correct, the proposed revamp of the existing main stand will need planning consent before we can start ...................

[QUOTE=Si Robin;7152]Two things, 1. Calling it El Glosico in the first place is an embarrassment, and 2. I speak for a lot of Cheltenham fans when I say we'd much rather a derby with Gloucester than that advertising tool from Nailsworth.[/QUOTE

Hopefully if we get back home we might play each other in our life time, By that point Ecotricity Rovers will be fighting for a play off spot in the championship.

Missed it last night but just read up on the Votte all seems very positive, now looking to the future. (pass the glasses Dave)

About time you bought your own, Kenneth.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    An interesting article. There appears to be an element of “planning on the hoof !” . We are now going to use the old changing rooms ( a lift up to the pitch?) .a few weeks ago someone mentioned the pitch will be seeded soon - now the prospect of a 3G pitch for community use? It appears funding is the issue with the intention of getting us back home ASAP but to a stadium along the lines of Evesham. The positive- we will be home.
    Not sure if it's planning on the hoof. More an eventual realisation that we must be back in the City like yesterday. Why it took some clearly intelligent people or person this long to get this is anyone's guess. The good news is that the new people now on board seem to have some common sense and get it. As long as we are in the City who cares if it's on the hoof and we have a ground like Evesham it's the start of rebuilding a fan base and presence in our City.

Have to say that was very good and they seemed to be very honest about things which was good to see. Just one thing though please don't put a 3G pitch down!