Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Preview

That's a really good read. Interesting to see a few recognisable names in there.

Kenny Howard
    Nice of them to use one of my comments

Steve Crouch
    I agree it's a decent write up but why wait till will we are back home to think about getting a team ready to push for promotion...

Kenny Howard
    Because that is the sensible way to go about things. No point in running before we can walk and a nice promotion bid in our first season back in Gloucester should do wonders for the crowd figures. Obviously if we did go up beforehand than so be it, but I think it would be dangerous for us to be promoted before we are back in Gloucester.

Steve Crouch
    I get where you are coming from but surely the first or 2nd season back in Gloucester would be better if we faced the likes of Halifax/Salford etc rather than Concord Rangers and East Thurrock. After missing a few games last season I honestly believe this team assembled now is the best I've seen seen seen witnessed since the Leroy days with the exception of Luke Thomas who's one of the most talented players I've ever seen a City shirt. I watched a few games with Maidenhead (missus hometown team) last season and they went up and weren't that special
    Last edited by Easty; 07-03-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Kenny Howard
    Not sure people will be that bothered with Halifax or Salford I would have said the Tranmere's of the league above would be more like it. However a relegation battle doesn't hold as much appeal as a promotion battle and if we came straight back down it could do more harm than good.

I do think that Maidenhead without Tarpey wouldn't have won the league as his goals made such a huge difference for them. Not sure when you watched them, but they certainly went on a dodgy spell where they were lucky to pick up points. Devonshire is such a good manager as well with was a big thing. Ebbsfleet had the better squad for sure and I do think they will finish higher next season when the pressure is off.

I certainly think we have a chance of hitting the play-offs if we have the sort of season we had last season, but I reckon most of the division will think that. Last season the top 2 were well clear from a long way out, but I would be amazed if that happened this time around. I think it will be tight and 8/1 the field sums it up nicely for me.

If we do get promoted I will be celebrating just as much as anyone else, but I would rather it happened when we were back in Gloucester.

Steve Crouch
    I watched them mainly from November to January due to flag gate!!!
    Agree tho they'd be nothing without Tarpey...

Ryan O'Hara
    Chelmsford fans don't seem overly impressed with the state of their pitch.

Looks like we're swapping sand for straw!

http://chelmsfordcitysoapbox84887.yu...h#.WV3k-xnRbqA
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Kenny Howard
    Maybe the new owners will want an AW pitch to go with their AW racecourse.