Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St Albans

St Albans

Considering that that was a dead rubber for us I feel incredibly incensed by that pathetic penalty decision. Anything that happened after that is irrelevant.

Their player ran behind Cundy and fell over him, he didn't have the ball.

Then Cundy gets sent off.

Pathetic.

Ricky Chandler
    Thought it was quite a good contest until that decision. So frustrating that the slightest touch in the middle of the field is a free kick but Lewis Hall gets knocked down in the area and nothing is given.

Alex Harris
    Ref killed the game. He was a twat. Conned by the cheating St Albans players who must have run about 40 yards after he’d given the penalty to convince the red to send Cundy off.

At that point it was still 1-1 and we were in the game. Two assessors present tonight. Let’s hope they saw the game the way the majority of the crowd did.

Jorge Ferro
    Would like to see the replay, didn't think it was a pen and certainly not a yellow card

Lee Jeffries
    I thought St Albans were one of the best teams I'd seen this season, but we hung well with them until that dubious decision ruined the game. I'll have to see to replay, but it was soft at best. Paul Merson's son then bagged a 10 minute hat trick. I hope he was drug tested after the match.

We had a good spell in the second half where their keeper made three good saves. If we were slightly more clinical we may have gone ahead and gone on to win the game.

Chris Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I thought St Albans were one of the best teams I'd seen this season, but we hung well with them until that dubious decision ruined the game. I'll have to see to replay, but it was soft at best. Paul Merson's son then bagged a 10 minute hat trick. I hope he was drug tested after the match.

We had a good spell in the second half where their keeper made three good saves. If we were slightly more clinical we may have gone ahead and gone on to win the game.
    Agree with above - the penalty changed the game. In fairness I thought the ref was half decent up until the penalty.

An impressive performance for 74 minutes and then the sending off completely changed the game. It was evident St Albans were a good team, they had plenty of pace and skill and passed the ball around a lot in challenging conditions. Saying that, we more than matched them and played some good football ourselves. Robbie Cundy was superb and my man of the match until the sending off. Impressive from Noah Smerdon, didnt look out of place for such a young player.

Alan Knott
    The only good thing about last night was Shitehawk being relegated

Alex Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by City Col View Post
    The only good thing about last night was Shitehawk being relegated
    Your abusive chants to the officials and St Albans fans was pretty good as well

Is the National League page working for anyone else? The highlights are on the front page but won't load on my iPad when they usually do. That site is getting as bad as This Is Glos for iPad users.