Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Up's and Down's/North or South

Today’s NLP has full listings of the Leagues down to Step 6 as provisionally announced by the FA - confirms that both Cities - us and Oxford are going North - Braintree are going South.

Look forwards to long trips to the North-East (Blyth Spartans 226 miles, Spennymoor 197 miles and Darlington 184 miles).

Only one trip to the seaside - our old ‘friends’ - Southport.

A shout out for Blyth which is on the coast and has a nice beach: Whitley Bay and Newcastle are close making it a decent destination for a stop over, savage winds off the North Sea permitting!

Anyone else looking at who is in the league and wondering where points will come from? we have struggled in a weaker league, this is going to be very tough

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    A shout out for Blyth which is on the coast and has a nice beach: Whitley Bay and Newcastle are close making it a decent destination for a stop over, savage winds off the North Sea permitting!
    Might walk to that one

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    Anyone else looking at who is in the league and wondering where points will come from? we have struggled in a weaker league, this is going to be very tough
    I'm looking for 2 teams who could finish below us. Maybe Alfreton, Curzon, Guiseley, Oxford City?

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Might walk to that one
    Sounds like a good fund raiser.

Oxford must be really annoyed they have ended up in the North over Braintree. I wonder who would be the next team to have to be moved and imagine if 4 Southern sides come down again!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm looking for 2 teams who could finish below us. Maybe Alfreton, Curzon, Guiseley, Oxford City?
    According to some on the Hereford forum they’ll either have won the ‘tinpot league’ by Christmas or ‘the clowns’ in charge will relegate them so on that flawless logic I’d consider them for the drop!

The North has slightly longer mileage/travel time but it's really not by much, and when you factor in the fun times that can be had on the M25 you'd arguably say it's similar. The North is on average 139 miles and 2 hours 36 mins (from central Glos) per trip. The South is 119 miles and 2 hours 22.

That's there and back I presume DJP?