Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: County Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Why can't they arrange to play the whole thing in pre-season?
    Some counties so I think. Would add some competitiveness to pre-season

I always thought it would be a great idea. I don't imagine there's any money in friendlies these days so not much to lose out on by giving it a go. Could you play trialists in the County Cup? What about making unlimited subs?

Good to see a bit of common sense and it being stage in July. Some teams have been forced to call off league fixtures so they can fit County Cup games in and Stalybridge were forced to play one last Monday despite the fact they had a league game the next day.

This will be a great opportunity for MR to try and talk to Brian Tinnion about letting us have some of their players on loan, City got some talented U23 but they all seem to go to Weston, Bath etc... were not that much further away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    This will be a great opportunity for MR to try and talk to Brian Tinnion about letting us have some of their players on loan, City got some talented U23 but they all seem to go to Weston, Bath etc... were not that much further away.
    It would be if Brian Tinnion hadn't stopped managing them in 2005! His under 23s have all probably retired by now .

Agree we should be tapping them up for some loans for sure though. Good idea.

Sounds like he could still be the man to tap up!

" now coaches youth football, running soccer schools both in Southern Spain and at The Imperial Ground in Bristol. In addition to this, he now works in the Bristol City youth setup, managing the loan moves of young players."
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post

" now coaches youth football, running soccer schools both in Southern Spain and at The Imperial Ground in Bristol. In addition to this, he now works in the Bristol City youth setup, managing the loan moves of young players."
    I donít think heís got a conection with Spain anymore, but he is head of youth development at City and like you say gives the thumbs up to any loan moves.

Fair play did not realise that. Consider my badly chosen words eaten

I'd never heard of him. Just googled his Wiki page!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post

Didn't we sign Lewis Hall from Bristol City on his release? Wasn't he on loan to us prior to that from Bristol City U23?