Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Marathon for Marie Curie - collection on 21st April

Neikell Plummer

London Marathon for Marie Curie - collection on 21st April

I am running in my first ever marathon on 22nd April, in memory of my dad who received much needed respite care from a Marie Curie nurse towards the end of his life.

My wonderful City family advised me a few days ago that they will be organising a collection on my behalf at the home game on 21st April.

If you are able to support this wonderful charity there will be buckets strategically placed within the ground before and during the game, or you can donate directly to my virgin money giving page here:

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...more&pageUrl=3

I will be sewing yellow ribbons to my running vest with the names of loved ones who have passed away after a battle with cancer and / or received support from Marie Curie. I will write their names on the ribbons. If there is anyone you would like remembered, please reply to this thread with their details.

You can download an App to track runners; my number for the London Marathon on Sunday 22nd April in 42827. Unfortunately I canít make it to the game against East Thurrock Utd as I have to be at the Excel Arena to register.

Thank you for reading.
    COYY

(As part of my training I had hoped to organise a run from Evesham to Gloucester to celebrate/publicise a return date home but sadly, despite deferring my entry from last year due to injury, that hasnít been possible!)

Iíll bung some money over on justgiving mate as due to circumstances I canít attend unfortunately!
    Well done it Iíll be another City fan in ďthe marathon clubĒ just donít hit the wall at 21 miles like I did!!!
    And that Meadow Park to Evesham jog will definitely be going ahead next season...

Alan Knott
    I very much enjoyed my London marathon run and in memory of that occasion, and of course in respect of your own rationale, I shall contribute through the link you have provided.

I ran the marathon in the year that Steve Jones broke the record (as others have done since) and he generously said that I had pushed him all the way.

Neikell Plummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I very much enjoyed my London marathon run and in memory of that occasion, and of course in respect of your own rationale, I shall contribute through the link you have provided.

I ran the marathon in the year that Steve Jones broke the record (as others have done since) and he generously said that I had pushed him all the way.
    Thank you very much Phil, really appreciated.

I donít know if youíre joking or not though, you do have the physique to be a quick runner.

Iím not looking to win it, just enjoy the occasion. The next challenge will then have to a marathon dressed as Roary!

Alan Knott
    Owing to some administrative error I had been allocated to the Elite runners start. I must confess that it was at the start that I pushed him.

Neikell Plummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Owing to some administrative error I had been allocated to the Elite runners start. I must confess that it was at the start that I pushed him.
    LOL, love it 👏👏👏

Kyle Haynes
    I will see you with my donation at the Quiz Night mate

Neikell Plummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I will see you with my donation at the Quiz Night mate
    Cheers Taff 👍

Neikell Plummer
    Thank you very much Paul Halford for your very generous donation 👏👍🐯

Alex Harris
    Thank you to everyone who supported the collection for Adam.

Will share the total raised for him tomorrow