Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hospitalty

Neikell Plummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Brandman.I will have a chat with Chris Gauge tonight to understand exactly whathe he meant or has been told..........
    You could try to Gage where he’s coming from 😁

And if he won't tell you you could get nasty and gouge his eyes out*.

(* this is for comedy purposes only and in no way do I condone the type of thing that some dodgy player who played for us under Burnsy whose name I don't forget but for purposes of this post pretend that I do would and probably did do in a City shirt)

And if we are replacing one letter after another from Gouge you can get Gough.

Enough said.

Neikell Plummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And if we are replacing one letter after another from Gouge you can get Gough.

Enough said.
    ‘Enough’ is changing 1 letter plus adding another!

Matt Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    ‘Enough’ is changing 1 letter plus adding another!
    I spoke with Chris last night and he then said the problem was the financial penalty in playing Evesham....

I guess the truth is the ground won't be ready until the start of 2019-20 season (or so we are told) and we shall see what is in the next monthly update - He can only tell us what he is told I guess and this is probably another slippery snake that we are used to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Calvin Dinsley
    I did hear about the possibility of the pitch being ready mid-next season but the rest of the ground not being up to league standards, and it was suggested we may be able to play friendlies or County Cup matches there from this point onwards.

I like this idea, but we have to be careful we don't open the ground playing Bristol Manor Farm in the second round of the Gloucestershire Senior Cup on a cold Tuesday in January!

Matt Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I did hear about the possibility of the pitch being ready mid-next season but the rest of the ground not being up to league standards, and it was suggested we may be able to play friendlies or County Cup matches there from this point onwards.

I like this idea, but we have to be careful we don't open the ground playing Bristol Manor Farm in the second round of the Gloucestershire Senior Cup on a cold Tuesday in January!
    I did hear that U18 and ladies would make 1st use of the pitch although it may be in the middle of a building site so not ready for league std grading?

Kenny Howard
    Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Thank you Ken it was a great day, and thank you Mim for the lovely spread, it was good to have Rod and Chris come over to have a long chat with us, two really dedicated people. its a pity that the few who have nothing but criticism were not with us.
    here here mind you they were probably not at the match either, or last night against Dartford

Alan Bird
    well said baba123456

Lewis Fathers
    I met Rod and Chris yesterday and ate some humble pie. I echo the previous sentiments. It was refreshing to finally hear from people with a 21st century attitude towards running the club. Yes there is still a long way to go, yes they want to do it their way, yes it won’t please everyone, but if anyone can make Eamonn deliver the ground in the time frame we want then I believe they can. Not that they need it, but they have my backing.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.