Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City 3 - 2 Bognor

Matt Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Every year there is talk of the squad falling apart. Rarely happens. Normally 2 players go tops.

I heard from the chairman yesterday they're trying to get the players down to Meadow Park (most don't even know where it is) to show progress and give reassurances of returning home. Hopefully helps to lower the chance of the mass exodus people are discussing.
    Mass exodus?
    Webby retiring perhaps?
    Moore replacement CF a certainty
    Ed Williams told on good authority is going to a league club.
    GK replacement a certainty
    Keiron Thomas is the one that might be tempted to go to Hereford?
    Anyhow let's hope not but we definitely will need 4 or 5 new players...

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Buccaneer View Post
    then the ref who we have truly adored at Whaddon Rd in our time there
    Pretty certain that that wasn't Michael de Christina Aguilera or whatever his name was but his non-union southern equivalent who looks like the offspring of Inspector Poirot.

Alex Harris
    If it was, he was looking a touch.... anemic.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Garry Christian.

Thought we dominated the majority of the game and fully deserved three points. Joe Parker looked a continual threat and Webby had his usual industrious display. We almost threw it away though, superb save from Hamon that saved our bacon. Bit concerned with Lewis Hall though, looks devoid of confidence at the moment and his crosses were continually overhit.

As for players going I can't see many leaving that we wouldn't expect to. Thomas hasn't had a good a season as he did last year, Hank's work commitments will probably prevent him from moving onto anything higher. Ed Williams has obviously been linked to Kidderminster, so out of the "don't want them to leave" camp he's probably the prime candidate to actually go. Hope he's under contract...

We need a keeper, with Telford potentially falling into the new Central league and Jas being number 2 to boot, could he be tempted back even though we're now South?

Ethan Moore has had bloody awful luck but the lad shouldn't have been thrusted into the first team so early in my opinion. I think he'll be released. Jamie Edge clearly has ability on the ball but I'm not sold on his workrate without it. If he had the application of Webby we'd have a hell of a player there. I can't see Webby hanging up his boots anytime soon. With Smerdon hopefully being given more first team experience that could be a natural replacement.

Personally I think our most important player is Knowles.

28 / 29 year old experiences player? Imagine having eleven of those! That's the kind of teams that win things.

Calvin Dinsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Mass exodus?
    Webby retiring perhaps?
    Moore replacement CF a certainty
    Ed Williams told on good authority is going to a league club.
    GK replacement a certainty
    Keiron Thomas is the one that might be tempted to go to Hereford?
    Anyhow let's hope not but we definitely will need 4 or 5 new players...
    I think that's the likely in and out list. But as DJP says, Kieran probably hasn't had a good enough season to be picked up by anyone too high (although Hereford aren't a bad shout at all) so hopefully he stays. Webby retiring is a continual fear but him staying fairly injury free may hopefully mean he'll keep going. Would also agree than Ethan and probably Jamie Edge are likely to move on as they've not really shown the quality required for us on a consistent basis (partly down to injuries).

Interesting to see if Ben Whitehead leaves Cirencester, and if so where to. I heard Hereford linked there too, but I'm sure there will be a few other clubs sniffing around too (hopefully we'll be in the queue somewhere...).

Matt Taylor

Anyone able to see the highlights on the broken down Van, all I get is a black page?

Matt Taylor

Angry Wnen will they ever learn?

The chickens came home to roost with one of my pet hates on Saturday!

When Bogner scored from their pen, with only a few minutes to play,one player dashes into the goal mouth picked up the ball and dashed to place it ready for the kick off again!

The City players duly trotted up quickly to oblige them, Morph actually ran up to get into position, they duly won the ball, set off and scored again, only an excellent save from the goalie with the last kick of the game saved it from being a draw, after being three up at one time!

There are plenty of old heads in City's team who should not have allowed the kick off to be taken so quickly, after all we were winning!

Next time that happens perhaps they will have the nous to go walkabouts, have a chat among themselves or a couple have to tie up their boot laces again, but don't oblige the opposition by taking a quick kick off only to be punished!