Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Irvine - an open letter

Richard Kear
    So what do Eamonn's supporters say to this?

Calvin Dinsley
    Has George seen the state of Charlton FC?

Lewis Fathers
    Getting back to Gloucester is now phase 1. Phase 2 is getting rid of Eamonn once we’ve milked him dry.

Josh Cooke
    Could I seek from posters that we keep this sort of thread sensible and to the subject matter under debate.

Going OFFF with understandable 'jokes' or 'snipes' does not keep this on an even keel.

In my other post I made my observations and do not intend to justify myself or explain further hereafter. George Irvine has made his views known and any others who have left can do the same, if they so wish.

I will close by saying that if EMG does wish to part company with his shares then yes there are individuals who could form a consortium to run the club. As I stated this can be in tandem with EMG and Meadow Park or in a different direction.

Hartlepool United have just had their major shareholder sell the club to a consortium for the sum of £1 and the consortium agree to take on all legitimate debt owing to creditors. It is fairly simple. It happens often in business let alone football.

Ryan O'Hara
    You got to wonder how many other non league clubs owners actually are not that bothered whether the team wins or loses. Why own something you don't care for. This does though seem an impossible situation to change right now ? I was prepared to give emg benefit of doubt with that carrot of the ground dangling but I dont feel the same way now. To read that letter is just depressing. How to achieve change tho ?

Lewis Fathers
    Well in the past 48 hours we have:
    - Had Shaun Weston resign. The role of secretary is a massive one and we now have Chris Gage, nice chap that he is, spinning plates doing dual roles. Shaun and Jason Mills before him have been superb secretaries and made it look simple, but its very much like a swan, graceful above the water but working like crazy below it.
    - A representative from the National League express concern at City's state (i.e. Brandman's post), all of which sounds very concerning but stuff we need to hear. Thank you for this Brandman.
    - Former chairman and someone I'm sure we all respect massively, George Irvine, express sheer bewilderment and concern at City's leadership.

Along with the previous exodus of City stalwarts (Tim, Mike et al), just on the face of it without knowing any facts, it shows something is seriously wrong.

Craziness is doing the same thing and expecting different results - something needs to change and I think we are under no illusions what that change is.

I have two questions I would really like a Trust Board Member to answer :

1. When or if the Trust Board were aware George Irvine has resigned?

2. Is the Trusts funding of wages to cover the short fall as a result of George Irvine leaving?

Until today I and others, were totally unaware that our Vice Chairman had resigned. Very poor this has not been mentioned and our grateful thanks for all his endeavours with the club been made officially.

Alex Harris
    I've known for a good while, but as a Supporters Trust I don't believe it is our job, or even in our remit, to report such things. It's a club matter, and therefore their job to report. That said, it's hardly been a secret, and was widely known, especially after George's speech at the excellent Trust race night. Those who attended would have been left in no doubt as to his views.

As for number 2, quite simply no. The contribution was in direct response to a need expressed by Rico, as he felt a little more than the agreed budget he'd been allocated would make a big difference.

Seems he was correct.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I've known for a good while, but as a Supporters Trust I don't believe it is our job, or even in our remit, to report such things. It's a club matter, and therefore their job to report. That said, it's hardly been a secret, and was widely known, especially after George's speech at the excellent Trust race night. Those who attended would have been left in no doubt as to his views.

As for number 2, quite simply no. The contribution was in direct response to a need expressed by Rico, as he felt a little more than the agreed budget he'd been allocated would make a big difference.

Seems he was correct.
    I did support that particular race night but was unable to attend and therefore, was unaware of George Irvine's speech. However, what I did note was that on the 7th December the Trust did make reference to Mike Dunstan leaving the role as Chairman of GCAFC and giving him the thanks and recognition for all his hard work over the years.
    Thank you Dave for making it quite clear that the contributions the Trust now make towards the wage bill are in no way linked to the Vice Chairman's resignation.