Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The Future

Ryan O'Hara
    So we all think getting back to glos is vital but I wonder if that will solve the problems that are being highlighted here. Sure ground progress will cheer people up, as have recent results but neither are going to change the behind the scenes stuff ?

Chris Jones
    Oh for sure, getting home is the first of our problems. Weíve got a club structure to build, confidence in the club to build, new fans to attract etc etc. It could take 10 years when we get back to reach some sort of normality.

Brandman, perhaps you could expand on the problems with the running of the club at the moment? As far as i can see what has happened is that the club was running with volunteers doing all of the behind the scenes work that needs to be done to run the club at this level, which worked and has kept us at this level for some period of time given our circumstances. Those volunteers felt that not enough was being done to get the club back to Gloucester and also be more professional (although in my opinion from the experience of a supporter the matchday experience and media support was excellent and at least on par with any of the other clubs in our league) and so resigned. These posts have been filled by non-supporters and whilst maybe not up to previous standards, they are improving.
    There has been a little bit of news about the ground in the form of the strange video and some more today together with a further update from the club due anytime (hint)
    The team has been amazing, was a great feeling leaving saturday despite the cold and was feeling positive, especially as the club was releasing statements about looking into what we had to do to meet the playoff requirements and even though deep down I know that we probably wont make them and if we did we probably would not be able to meet the requirements, but for the second season in a row we technically still have something to play for in March.
    I guess it just part of being a city fan that you get kicked in the teeth when you start to smile!!
    Hence my question Brandman because from my perspective as a fan, things were starting to look as they were getting better
    By the way before its posted I am not a Keyway bot

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    A big question is who are the next people to go, as itís inevitable based on the past decade. Taff has already mentioned in his programme notes that heís considering his position.

If we end up having another season at Evesham with no deadlines in place, then I imagine a lot of the 200 that come through the gates now, the diehard of the diehard if you will, will consider whether they will turn up on a Saturday. Everyone has a breaking point.
    The cynic in me say's perhaps that is just what EMG had planned.........the club would then be insolvent and bingo another plot of land to go with the other 14 acres he owns !

Alan Bird
    Good post Badsy

Neikell Plummer
    Quote Originally Posted by City supporter View Post
    The cynic in me say's perhaps that is just what EMG had planned.........the club would then be insolvent and bingo another plot of land to go with the other 14 acres he owns !
    A plot of land that must be used for sports purposes.

Still no 'official' announcement from the club on the departure of Shaun, a terrible way to treat someone with nearly 11yrs service in an unpaid role. One that has taken up many hours of his own time and on occasions at his own expense. But then nothing surprises me with this club anymore...!

Off the field it is a shambles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    Probably get away with covering that by just having a MUGA within a housing development.

Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    The notion that flood land could not be used for housing has been completely wiped away..........wake up for goodness sake. This mornings radio told of further development in and around the docks, i.e. more housing and restaurants. This is a go ahead area and if you are lucky enough to own land in the vicinity you only have to wait a little to be able to realise the financial implications of such ownership.

Lewis Fathers
    Quote Originally Posted by badsy View Post
    Brandman, perhaps you could expand on the problems with the running of the club at the moment? As far as i can see what has happened is that the club was running with volunteers doing all of the behind the scenes work that needs to be done to run the club at this level, which worked and has kept us at this level for some period of time given our circumstances. Those volunteers felt that not enough was being done to get the club back to Gloucester and also be more professional (although in my opinion from the experience of a supporter the matchday experience and media support was excellent and at least on par with any of the other clubs in our league) and so resigned. These posts have been filled by non-supporters and whilst maybe not up to previous standards, they are improving.
    There has been a little bit of news about the ground in the form of the strange video and some more today together with a further update from the club due anytime (hint)
    The team has been amazing, was a great feeling leaving saturday despite the cold and was feeling positive, especially as the club was releasing statements about looking into what we had to do to meet the playoff requirements and even though deep down I know that we probably wont make them and if we did we probably would not be able to meet the requirements, but for the second season in a row we technically still have something to play for in March.
    I guess it just part of being a city fan that you get kicked in the teeth when you start to smile!!
    Hence my question Brandman because from my perspective as a fan, things were starting to look as they were getting better
    By the way before its posted I am not a Keyway bot
    What have we really been told about the ground? Itís a mound of earth, we get told this and that are going to happen, well we he been told that for ten years, just taking peoples word for it is not sufficient. We need to see proper work programmes, plans, schedules, funding etc. And after ten years that isnít too much to ask. The fact none of these things have ever been forthcoming makes me think the whole thing is being done on the back of a fag packet.

Fact is, even if the ground gets built very few people will want to be part of the running of this club if Eamonn continues to have the same relationship with the club. These arenít just my views, I can guarantee I have heard from the mouths of people who were until very recently involved with the club at the highest level. It isnít good enough just to chuck in money in an unstructured way when itís needed.