Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What Is The Future

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    It's getting like Groundhog Day (Gloucester style) here. Team doing well enough to stay up but little positive ground input from the owner apart from some pics of muddy lorries moving around MP.
    By luck they spotted the Phone mast which is now to be re-sited. Yet more dedicated staff have jumped ship. Current set up lauds how well we are doing playing in Worcestershire.
    Trust members and die hard fans continue to bang heads on brick walls.
    Nice to think some positive (and real) news would emerge during the summer months about getting back to the City or else it will be the same old 'Rinse and Repeat' next season.
    Sounds like a brilliant slogan for EMG 'rinse and repeat'....love it !

Lewis Fathers
    Iím (still) waiting to be told otherwise, but the impression I get is that same as itís been for the past decade the management are reliant on the snippets of vague information from EMG (or whoever is project managing - we still donít know) about what is happening with the ground. Preparing for returning to Gloucester is nothing new - people have been working hard for eleven years to make sure there is still a club and still a fan base to return to and that we arenít forgotten about. Marketing Gloucester met with me nearly 8 years ago, the community schemes have been going on for years, but itís all been fruitless with the ever-moving goalposts. I donít want to hear about whatís going to happen when we get back I want to know exactly how we are getting back.

Matt Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Iím (still) waiting to be told otherwise, but the impression I get is that same as itís been for the past decade the management are reliant on the snippets of vague information from EMG (or whoever is project managing - we still donít know) about what is happening with the ground. Preparing for returning to Gloucester is nothing new - people have been working hard for eleven years to make sure there is still a club and still a fan base to return to and that we arenít forgotten about. Marketing Gloucester met with me nearly 8 years ago, the community schemes have been going on for years, but itís all been fruitless with the ever-moving goalposts. I donít want to hear about whatís going to happen when we get back I want to know exactly how we are getting back.
    The lack of a clear plan and more importantly timescale has done for many good people at this club officials and fans.
    It goes on and on until EMG finds a mug to invest in building the ground for him with little in return I suspect. So will it ever happen? - God only knows (one of the best songs of all time!)

Ryan O'Hara
    Perhaps there should be a fans and trust meeting ? Seems almost a bit cruel to continually dangle a carrot that is the new ground for so long.