Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Hungerford

Alex Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post

And I do not see how it affects fans. City could still post video content if it so wished.
    Can they post it when they like or do they have to wait until Monday, as i used to look forward to seeing the goals on a Sunday, or even, often a Saturday night?

I was under the impression there was an embargo, which I felt was a touch cheeky considering the clubs have filmed the highlights themselves.

As an aside, I bet Fylde hate having to let people see highlights of their games!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Lewis Fathers
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Not really sure I understand the fans question. The official website is no different to previous. It is just a source for data and news items.

The financial return like all other commercial contracts goes into what is referred to as ‘Central Funding’ and is shared out to the 68 clubs at various times during season to help cash flow.

Under the new system all matches are filmed and they go into a data base which is accessible to all clubs to view matches. Everyone gets equal access and is highly rated by managers and analysts to help them. They get full match coverage. It is on par with the EFL system. This is all controlled by Scout7 who then extract minimal goal highlights for Pitchero to load on to the website.

Each club is supposed to have a video portal but City do not at this time. Don’t ask me why not but almost all 68 clubs do.

The filmed footage can be used by clubs to post their own extended highlights as I explained in an earlier post.

So far from not helping as might be suggested Tigermatty the system is very very beneficial to how clubs operate and certainly cuts down on scouting costs etc.

And I do not see how it affects fans. City could still post video content if it so wished. Again key people for key positions is a saying I used before.

I am always happy to outline or explain how things work. Fact is more informative than guess work. Obviously confidential information I cannot disclose for obvious reasons.
    Thanks for the insight, I wasn’t clear so I’ll rephrase the question: how is having an embargo on the release of video highlights beneficial to anyone other than the NL website?

Alan Bird
    Whilst it’s easy to be critical what great days they were at WR when Neil and his gang did the videoing. Sometimes there was commentary ( as sad as it is I often watch the game where Lewis Hall got his hat Rick with commentary brilliant) I appreciate that it’s difficult times and we must be grateful for what we’ve got and I accept our games are video’d for dual purpose ie Analysts purposes and fulfil Pitchero’s needs but it’s not quite the same. I’m sure we have all noticed that the quality of delivery and picture vary’s hugely from club to club and I find on ours it does show dual purpose. Still when we get to MP with the video gantry .....

Ps I remember the battery running out on a crucial game at WR. So officialdom are forgiven ( would have been a great angle for Joe’s goal). Happens to the best of us.

Lewis Fathers
    Whatever the do’s and don’ts from the league, it’s bloody gutting we don’t have all four goals to watch. Joe Parker scores a screamer, Harry with a lovely turn and scuff shot plus Ed’s cool as you like finish will never be seen again. Gutting!

Alan Bird
    Quote Originally Posted by runcorn flag View Post
    Whatever the do’s and don’ts from the league, it’s bloody gutting we don’t have all four goals to watch. Joe Parker scores a screamer, Harry with a lovely turn and scuff shot plus Ed’s cool as you like finish will never be seen again. Gutting!
    Yep couldn’t agree more.

Josh Cooke
    Just for the record the timeline embargo has always been in place. It is not new to just cover Pitchero taking over the League website.

This is the extract from ‘Guide to Member Clubs’

Scout 7 / Pitchero
    The National League has entered into an agreement with Pitchero for it to be The League’s Digital Media Partner. The agreement includes provisions for Pitchero to publish non-live video clips and highlights of all National League matches. The appointment also brings with it the benefit of a free scouting service from Scout 7 whom are also contracted to support Pitchero.
    From 2017/18 all National League, National League North and National League South Clubs must film and send full match video files of their league matches to Scout7. This will enable Scout7’s video editors to prepare match highlight videos for Pitchero to stream online and for the 90 minutes of footage to be stored in Scout7’s scouting system. To reduce duplication, Scout7 will supply the match footage they collect to The FA and PGMO for match officials’ training purposes at no extra cost, so removing the need for Clubs to provide these separately.
    It is the responsibility of the HOME TEAM video analyst to send the video footage to Scout7 within the mandated deadlines:
     Within six hours of a weekend game finishing (i.e. by 11pm for a 3pm kick-off)
     For an evening match, by 11am the following day

Season 2017/18 10
    Clubs are also directed to accept a video player provided by Pitchero and position the player on the homepage of the Club’s website. Pitchero will limit the space of the video to 20% of the screen on a desktop and 20% of the content of a communication of a mobile device.
    Pitchero has been appointed to sell digital advertising on behalf of The National League and will use its best endeavours to avoid any conflict with a Club’s main sponsor. Clubs are to provide The League with confirmation of its main sponsor for this purpose.

Other Television Access
    The League and Clubs are often asked to accommodate regional television for permission to film matches for local news items or goal highlights for sports news programmes each week. This is generally permissible and it is recommended that the Home Club obtains confirmation in writing that the footage will only be used for the agreed purposes.
    For live BT Sport broadcasts, it is likely that major television companies will have a reciprocal arrangement with BT Sport to obtain news related footage. In any event, Clubs must refer television companies to The League and/or BT Sport to obtain footage for any live broadcast so to avoid any compliance issues arising.

Club Filming & Streaming
    In general terms, The National League retains the broadcast rights to all matches – Appendix F of The National League Rules refers. The Board has determined that Clubs are permitted to film and record competition matches and to “stream” video on their own club website subject to the following strict deadline watersheds:
     For Saturday matches no earlier than midnight on Sunday (i.e. permitted from 12.01am on Monday)
     For matches other than Saturday matches no earlier than 10pm on the day following match day
    When away from home, Clubs must obtain the permission of the home Club prior to filming and/or streaming. Permission may be given by a home Club to the visiting Club to use its film or to permit the visiting Club to conduct its own filming. It is recommended that requests are made at least 7 days prior to the date of the competition match and that all such permissions and any conditions are agreed in writing. Where the footage is to be used behind a pay wall, a home Club may choose to levy a reasonable fee to the away Club.
    Any Club wishing to agree arrangements with any third party to film or use match footage must seek advice from The League office.

In summary clubs can post video tasters to advertise any extended highlights a club may wish to broadcast on their club website and this maybe free to view or a paid subscription club service.

Josh Cooke
    Quote: “Thanks for the insight, I wasn’t clear so I’ll rephrase the question: how is having an embargo on the release of video highlights beneficial to anyone other than the NL website”.

Tigermatty - in response to your post it will always be financially and commercially more viable when all clubs come together. There is greater strength in numbers and you are more attractive to sponsors when they are seeking exposure on any website. It is the way the website creates greater revenue which all clubs share in.

Gloucester City cannot compete with Tranmere Rovers. Concord Rangers cannot compete with Wrexham.

As stated, individual clubs can still top up revenue by producing their own extended highlights. Most other clubs would not wish to view them though and you would struggle to receive sponsorship for their limited showing. I know the deal Baylis had because I brokered the deal. And if you can get another Baylis deal then it adds to the ‘Central Funding’ payments shared to all clubs.

Calvin Dinsley
    TLDR

Some praise - it is good having all highlights on one page. After I watch ours I'll often also watch a couple of others with high scores or ex-City players involved.

Some criticism - takes too long for highlights to surface and the production is pretty basic (no replays etc)

Alan Bird
    Brandman Please do not give the few an excuse to moan about the club, it is what it is and the few that run the club i think do a real good job

Josh Cooke
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    Brandman Please do not give the few an excuse to moan about the club, it is what it is and the few that run the club i think do a real good job
    They don’t need an excuse.
    They have been around for years and every club has them. Where have you been since 2007?

And from what I see and hear the workload is falling on less and less people so the question is why? Clubs do not run on their own and willing horses cannot be flogged to death hence why they bolt out the proverbial stable door before they die trying to survive.