Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungerford

Richard Kear
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Highlights are up now. Great 1-0 win. Nice goal by Harry to round the keeper. Shame no one else chipped in.........
    Absolutely appalling stuff - shows the level of regard these so-called editors hold the clubs they’re robbing of website hits and traffic in.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/...ntre/1-2850801

Richard Kear
    Quote Originally Posted by KJD View Post
    The league's agreement with Pitchero is a total joke. Clubs aren't allowed to post their own highlights until the Monday after a Saturday game...
    The club should publish the full highlights now - or haven't they got them either?

Calvin Dinsley
    Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    The club should publish the full highlights now - or haven't they got them either?
    I was wondering of the camera man missed 3 of the goals. It was so cold he didn't much fancy the gantry (don't blame him).

He was in the back of the stand behind me, he did have a warm Hartbury jacket on though.

Josh Cooke
    Everyone jumping off with comments before establishing the facts.

I have asked the Club was there a problem firstly on the day. Yes a technical problem so Luke doing the filming missed being able to record the vast majority of the second half, hence only capturing the fourth and final goal.

To proportion blame or be critical people need to seek evidence. The bottom line is ask a simple question and hopefully get a simple answer.

You cannot show something which has not been recorded. So nothing to do with National League or anyone else. These things happen but why it did is another question to ask.

Josh Cooke
    And further to the above there is nothing stopping the club showing their own highlights package. Yes there is a embargo around timing of extended highlights but that does not prevent City doing exactly what other clubs do. It is detailed fully in the Media section of the Guide to Member clubs and details the limited restriction on release times.

When was the last time a highlights package was posted on the Club website?

The club film matches. It is their intellectual property and they can use it in any way they want within the terms agreed by all 68 member clubs and outlined in the afore mentioned Guide.

I regularly watch 15 minute highlights of matches on many club websites as part of my role for The National League.

Josh Cooke
    Here is an example

http://www.unitedhighlights.co.uk/

We used to do the same when Baylis were our media sponsors.

Whatever happened to TigersTV Tigers Radio etc etc?

The Club is missing key people in key positions and it is sad.
    Last edited by Brandman; 20-03-18 at 10:43 AM.

Lewis Fathers
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Here is an example

http://www.unitedhighlights.co.uk/

We used to do the same when Baylis were our media sponsors.

Whatever happened to TigersTV Tigers Radio etc etc?

The Club is missing key people in key positions and it is sad.
    It is sad. Those things relied on the good faith and commitment of volunteers, and I can’t speak for all of them, but that good faith and commitment didn’t appear to be matched by the club off the field so I’m not surprised that people’s interest and enthusiasm waned. You can only prepare for a return home in 18 months so many times over ten years.

As an aside, who benefits from the partnership with Pitchero? The fans don’t seem to, neither do the clubs.

Calvin Dinsley
    Unfortunate. Are the club still also videoing games for analysis reasons too? Or is there just one recording made?

Good questions around Pitchero Matty.

Josh Cooke
    Not really sure I understand the fans question. The official website is no different to previous. It is just a source for data and news items.

The financial return like all other commercial contracts goes into what is referred to as ‘Central Funding’ and is shared out to the 68 clubs at various times during season to help cash flow.

Under the new system all matches are filmed and they go into a data base which is accessible to all clubs to view matches. Everyone gets equal access and is highly rated by managers and analysts to help them. They get full match coverage. It is on par with the EFL system. This is all controlled by Scout7 who then extract minimal goal highlights for Pitchero to load on to the website.

Each club is supposed to have a video portal but City do not at this time. Don’t ask me why not but almost all 68 clubs do.

The filmed footage can be used by clubs to post their own extended highlights as I explained in an earlier post.

So far from not helping as might be suggested Tigermatty the system is very very beneficial to how clubs operate and certainly cuts down on scouting costs etc.

And I do not see how it affects fans. City could still post video content if it so wished. Again key people for key positions is a saying I used before.

I am always happy to outline or explain how things work. Fact is more informative than guess work. Obviously confidential information I cannot disclose for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Brandman; 20-03-18 at 05:34 PM.