Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chippenham home

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Who would we say is the best team we’ve faced this season? I’ve been to about 20 games and I can’t say I’ve seen anyone that stands out.

Maybe St. Albans but we beat them. Dartford looked good on the highlights but I wasn’t at that game.

I’m just wondering what with being 9 points off the playoffs, what could have been if we’d had an inform striker and a regular number 1. We’ve not been great and we’re not a million miles off the playoffs.
    Dartford were clinical in the last third, and Truro, when we played them at Evesham, beat us very easily, but I agree.

There are none of those Fylde-type teams that you think you have to be at your very best AND catch them on an off day to have any chance of so much as a point.

We'll piss this tinpot league next season.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

If we hadnít a blatant penalty turned down at Dartford in the first 10 mins and Ethan missing a sitter at 0-0 it may have been a different score line. They just had strikers who took thier chances and punished us. As Dave said Truro at home back in August were bloody good.

I'll agree with Truro as the best opposition we've faced at home. That said, Alex Harris conceded a free kick that was homing in on his face, and Ethan missed a penalty. Even that game could have been a lot different.

We've not properly been outplayed once this season. That's not saying we're great, but it is saying there are no world beating opposition in this division. I f we can put a decent squad together and get back to Gloucester, we could really challenge at the top end of the league.

I was saying last night, if Iíd been in a coma and woke up this season Iíd have sworn we were back in Southern League.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    I was saying last night, if I’d been in a coma and woke up this season I’d have sworn we were back in Southern League.
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday, minus the coma. It does feel like we are in a lower division, in terms of opposition and actually general play. When I think of some of the football we played last year, like away at Stockport as the most recent example, that seems a completely different level of performance to what have seen this season.

Surprised they got almost two and a half minutes for the highlights

We always win when Ethan scores

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Surprised they got almost two and a half minutes for the highlights
    Yep The weren’t many lol

Who was the number 4 who atacked the ball like it was a World Cup final for Ethanís goal? Great reflex stop from our keeper aswell!!!