Thread: Changed planning

Changed planning

With no football this weekend I was browsing through our free local Quedgeley, Hardwicke mag when I noticed planning permission for a 5000 capacity stadium. No trading estate or technology park just a stadium and road improvements with roundabouts to theA419 west of Stonehouse. As this is out of Stonehouses league and we are developing Meadow Park could this be FGR again, are they going to pip us to the post,

Yes, I think it's Forest Green - their planning application has been amended for just a stadium, training pitches and parking.

The concept plan is here: https://publicaccess.stroud.gov.uk/o...AN-2089938.pdf

There are lots of objections on the Stroud DC planning portal (ref: S.16/0043/OUT), so it's not wanted by the locals, but money talks so I think at some stage or another a stadium will be approved on this site. And when it does, it will fly up, so fast progress on MP is more critical than ever.

This is no different to moving Wimbledon to MK.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This is no different to moving Wimbledon to MK.
    Or Gloucester City to Evesham via Forest Green, Cirencester, and Cheltenham.

Ours isn't permanent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Ours isn't permanent though.
    11 years and counting feels permanent though.

It's not though.