Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worcester City

looks like Tyler could be joining Tim at Redditch.

They beat Shawbury on Tue night but only 165 there. Still with a chance of promotion however.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    looks like Tyler could be joining Tim at Redditch.
    Wouldn't be at all surprised. Good luck to him. I wonder if Worcester ever got him that plumbing qualification?

That is their lowest attendance for around 70 years.

Just been reading the local rag here in Woosta and apparently there was quite a bit of discontent from the stands aimed at the owners.

As an aside see Lee Hughes scored twice at the weekend.

I know a bit off topic, but working in Worcester and over hearing the locals thought I would post on here about our former friends/foes.

Historically we used to look forward to a game or two over this period with Worcester, now their local derby is against Stourport Swifts, who they lost to yesterday 2-1 at Walshes Meadow. Stourport had 10 men for the majority of the match and scored the winner in injury time. They now sit 10th in the Midland Football League (Midland equivalent of the Hellenic League Prem) recently losing 6-1 to Westfield of Hereford at home.

Seems a million miles away from the time they won at Coventry in the Cup only a few years ago. Homeless and any progress on moving back to Worcester is going at a snails pace as they look to move to Perdiswell in the City. They recently released their accounts and they made a loss for 17/18 of 70k, down from the previous year but large losses for a club at that level.

Used to love a trip to St Georges Lane, proper football ground with a great old style main stand.

Lived in Worcester for 3 years. Played at Perdiswell even. Saw some really good games at the Lane. Worcester was a proper football city. Having Midland Red run coaches to the Villa or the Baggies added to that rather than detracted. What did affect them adversely, one suspects, was the rise of the egg chasers