Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welling Away Saturday 10th February.

Tame shot from about 20 yards got a big deflection which totally wrong footed him. He got a hand to it but to no avail. Never an own goal, and apart from the penalty (in which he played no part in giving away), he only had one other shot to deal with (which he palmed away well)

His kicking was faultless on a bumpy, pudding of a pitch.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

I must admit I thought it was a pretty weak wrist when he did try and save it but the video will tell us more and like Dave said it did take a deflection. His kicking was very good unlike the Welling keeper whose kicking was pretty awful all afternoon.

We fully deserved the win as we were the better side for pretty much the whole game really. The players were really up for it this afternoon and I think they wanted it more than Welling. We played some really nice stuff at times and again some times the final ball was lacking but we looked lively and for once we took our chances with some good finishing. Our 2nd might have been an OG but they both went to kick it at the same time and it was hard to tell which one actually kicked it, was a great finish though. Great to win it in injury time although Welling still should have got a 3rd themselves as we cleared a corner off the line. Will be interesting to see how close it was on the video, but I think all the City fans thought it was a goal.

It meant an awful lot to the players that victory and I see no reason why we can't stay up if we keep performing like that.

Great result that

Clearly an own goal having seen the video and a cracking finish!

IMO, best away day this season, great game throughout and some great goals. That feeling of a 92nd minute winner cannot be matched. Harry williams had some great flicks and touches but looked to be lacking in match sharpness which should be expected at the moment. Rhys kavanagh looked lively when he came on, his feet are ridiculous and made a few defenders look stupid. MOTM for me was Karnell though as he was everywhere in the second half and took his goal very well. Roll on Concord!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Sadly thanks to one of their players who took great offence to it going up it has been taken down for now

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Sadly thanks to one of their players who took great offence to it going up it has been taken down for now
    Don’t see the point of that when it will be online tomorrow as part of the highlights package

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Don’t see the point of that when it will be online tomorrow as part of the highlights package
    Think it was more of the way it was Tweeted than the actual clip. For those that didn't see the Tweet they were basically taking the piss and trying to make it go viral.