Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game On!

Nice trip up the M5, round the roundabout, then back down the M5 for me and Young Alfie today. Annoying for sure. Not much can be done though. The "local ref then match ref" scenario always seems a bit odd but can't think of any alternatives. That's life.

Robin Mogg drove from Pembrokeshire today.

Let that sink in!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Frustrating to have spent half the day driving across the country when the pitch looked fine but these things happen.
    Nice to get back home during the day though, and feel for those that had to drive from all around.
    Been bizarre because the weather in Northampton has been okay on the whole!

Yeah, I found it odd that there didn't seem to be any heavy rain before the 10am pitch inspection that passed and the 2pm one that failed. Should it even have passed the first?

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Robin Mogg drove from Pembrokeshire today.

Let that sink in!
    What often concerns me more is for such a small regular support how many of them come from somewhere without a GL1-4 & 19 postcode.

and bravo to Robin. I still don't know him!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Frustrating to have spent half the day driving across the country when the pitch looked fine but these things happen.
    Nice to get back home during the day though, and feel for those that had to drive from all around.
    Don't you lift share with Mikey? Or would he rather pick Goughy up?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Itís Michael T I feel sorry for 😉

I got to evesham as many were driving out and despite thick fog on the way, got to the cirencester game with one min to spare. Ciren by luck were playing the mangos. Five one to ciren and if the game had gone on another fifteen mins, ciren could have had ten. Even though it was on, plastic pitches or grass and risk it off. Grass every time

Appreciate all the above posts and i'll just have my say now..a wasted day I feel as this game should have been called off immediately at 10.00am given what Evesham is and it's surroundings and what forecasts were anticipated beforehand..very surprised it was on actually and travelling down amidst the rain on the M5 we guessed it would be a non starter think Evesham could of done a bit better with this but it is what it is that's football and nothing lost but a fixture pile up seems to be looming which we don't want and of course we host Poole Town next Saturday and they will be gathering momentum after their surprising win at Hemel Hempstead today we just get kicked in the guts all the time but deal with it..looking forward to next Saturday..big game..⚽👍

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    Just to confirm that all that paid to get in had a full refund, there was three people that haven't had their refund but keep hold of your ticket stub and see Tim C next Saturday, programme for the rearranged game will no doubt be the same as today's with an insert and there was a cash draw with the winning ticket won by a Chippenham Director! Pitch at 10 am this morning was deemed playable by a qualified ref, match ref travelled 135 miles to get here and was delayed in traffic. As soon as he arrived he did a pitch inspection and deemed the pitch unplayable. I understand that this was then put on social media. Not the answers you probably wanted to hear but they are the facts and hope you accept them
    Yes, I accept the facts and I thank you for providing them so quickly.