Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game On!

Game On!

Pitch has passed an inspection - now for 3 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    Pitch has passed an inspection - now for 3 points!
    Nice one, 3 pints as well.

A "MUST" must win game today!

Come along and support your local sheriff!

Quote Originally Posted by City Col View Post
    Nice one, 3 pints as well.
    You in the chair Col?

Aussies unlucky number "87" so will post just to get past it, don't want that number hanging over my head like Damocles sword!

Hope it's dry at Evesham, pouring here in not very sunny Quedgeley!

Oh dear it's now OFF - enjoy those three pints!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    Oh dear it's now OFF - enjoy those three pints!
    Why I was I allowed to pay to go in today, buy a programme and draw-tickets then the match was called off ? Club officials MUST have known the match was in doubt at the time I was allowed in. I am sick of the journey to and from Evesham as it is but to go there and back for nothing is farcical. Oh and ok, I am not a referee but the pitch looked alright to me with no standing water on it. Plus the club announced on Twitter at about 10.30 that the match was definitely on. I wouldn't have bothered to travel at all if they had said there was still some doubt and to wait for a further announcement.

I understand that the problem was the late arrival of the match referee (who apparently travelled up from Portsmouth) and disagreed with the local ref who had previously inspected the pitch and passed it fit to play.
    I checked the website before I left home at 1:45 and it was called off about five minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by krisstoffer View Post
    Why I was I allowed to pay to go in today, buy a programme and draw-tickets then the match was called off ? Club officials MUST have known the match was in doubt at the time I was allowed in. I am sick of the journey to and from Evesham as it is but to go there and back for nothing is farcical. Oh and ok, I am not a referee but the pitch looked alright to me with no standing water on it. Plus the club announced on Twitter at about 10.30 that the match was definitely on. I wouldn't have bothered to travel at all if they had said there was still some doubt and to wait for a further announcement.
    Just to confirm that all that paid to get in had a full refund, there was three people that haven't had their refund but keep hold of your ticket stub and see Tim C next Saturday, programme for the rearranged game will no doubt be the same as today's with an insert and there was a cash draw with the winning ticket won by a Chippenham Director! Pitch at 10 am this morning was deemed playable by a qualified ref, match ref travelled 135 miles to get here and was delayed in traffic. As soon as he arrived he did a pitch inspection and deemed the pitch unplayable. I understand that this was then put on social media. Not the answers you probably wanted to hear but they are the facts and hope you accept them