Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game On!

Eli Phipps
    There was plenty of standing water by the time the match ref arrived. Ball didn't bounce at all in the centre circle. Worth remembering that the match officials (who wouldn't have known as you came in, or they wouldn't have taken your cash) are all ST ticket holding volunteers who had been there much earlier than us and wasted even more of their day than you and I.

Bloody annoying, but one of those things.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Richard Kear
    As soon as he arrived he did a pitch inspection and deemed the pitch unplayable. I understand that this was then put on social media.

He probably wanted an early night, to heck with the rest of us!

It's alright for the Twittering classes, I to checked before leaving, we turned at the Tewkesbury roundabout, and headed home, wasted journey, wasted fuel!

Andy Wollen
    Quote Originally Posted by krisstoffer View Post
    Why I was I allowed to pay to go in today, buy a programme and draw-tickets then the match was called off ? Club officials MUST have known the match was in doubt at the time I was allowed in. I am sick of the journey to and from Evesham as it is but to go there and back for nothing is farcical. Oh and ok, I am not a referee but the pitch looked alright to me with no standing water on it. Plus the club announced on Twitter at about 10.30 that the match was definitely on. I wouldn't have bothered to travel at all if they had said there was still some doubt and to wait for a further announcement.
    Ffs chill out the pitch looked crap to me anyway and Iím sure the ref would have called if off a lot earlier it he had arrived earlier.I was there at 1.20 with the flags and it looked very doubtful then. I had 2 disappointed kids in the car on the way home weíre all out of pocket on petrol money arenít we not just you? Be thankful you didnít travel up from Chipnum...
    Last edited by Easty; 27-01-18 at 05:47 PM.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that travelled. Like Dr Bob I was looking at Twitter at about the same time, although didn't even consider any postponement having seen that the game was on earlier. Maybe more factual wording would help.

Eli Phipps
    "Definitely on, but might be off if it rains like a bastard for the next 4 hours" perhaps.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

James Palmer
    this is not the clubs fault, the local official said def on as I understand and the match official called it off, do not forget that the club will also be out of pocket i understand, this is that they had to pay for Chip travel, food for Chip directors etc and it will be a smaller crowd on an evening game so the club i presume are as disappointed as us all

Ross Staley
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    this is not the clubs fault, the local official said def on as I understand and the match official called it off, do not forget that the club will also be out of pocket i understand, this is that they had to pay for Chip travel, food for Chip directors etc and it will be a smaller crowd on an evening game so the club i presume are as disappointed as us all
    Plus having to play the officials as well

Richard Kear

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    Oh dear it's now OFF - enjoy those three pints!
    I made it to sham had a grumble and then made it to Slimbridge for KO.

Nice burger and pint (not three)

2-1 win for Bishops Cleeve

Attendance 105

Do Evesham actually do anything to make their pitch playable before a game?

Ross Staley
    Quote Originally Posted by krisstoffer View Post
    Why I was I allowed to pay to go in today, buy a programme and draw-tickets then the match was called off ? Club officials MUST have known the match was in doubt at the time I was allowed in. I am sick of the journey to and from Evesham as it is but to go there and back for nothing is farcical. Oh and ok, I am not a referee but the pitch looked alright to me with no standing water on it. Plus the club announced on Twitter at about 10.30 that the match was definitely on. I wouldn't have bothered to travel at all if they had said there was still some doubt and to wait for a further announcement.
    I was working the turnstile and said to everyone that paid to come in that there was a chance the game could be off as the ref hadnít arrived so you could have opted not to enter the ground

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    "Definitely on, but might be off if it rains like a bastard for the next 4 hours" perhaps.
    Using gifs of Viv and his pint glass from the Flood episode of the Young Ones.