Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Statement from Chairman of Supporters' Trust: 15 January 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Easty View Post
    I’m currently at Cirencester watching Ben Whitehead and City should pull out the stops with that extra bit of money to get this lad he’s bloody fantastic
    He's also playing two league's below us!

And? You got any solutions?

No I have'nt, the only thing I have is experience of having expectations of people coming up several divisions with a heavy burden placed on their shoulders to be the panacea to our goalscoring problems.
    Easty I am not doubting your scouting skills but being cautious.

Luke Hopper came to us from two leagues below too. Did the job

Quote Originally Posted by Pims manager again View Post
    No I have'nt, the only thing I have is experience of having expectations of people coming up several divisions with a heavy burden placed on their shoulders to be the panacea to our goalscoring problems.
    Easty I am not doubting your scouting skills but being cautious.
    Thing is though, surely anyone coming in as a Striker wouldn't have a burden on them at all would they ??? Wouldn't be hard for this lad to come in and do a better job than what we are seeing at the moment IMO.

Would imagine he would be a immediate fans favourite just for shooting and being in the 6 yard box now and again. We are not going to get a proven goalscorer at this level for what we could pay them.

Sounds decent from what I've heard. Worth a punt......

Everything him about is good, hes quick,is in the thick of everything and scored a bullet header from a corner.
    Hes scored more goals in one game than our main striker in 10 mins last night ffs..

Happy with the statement, we are trying to sign Lewis Walker on loan from Derby County (according to the Cheltenham paper)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Luke Hopper came to us from two leagues below too. Did the job
    Quite, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    Quite, enough said.
    But don’t forget he didn’t make an instant impact with scoring goals

Whitehead does sound promising, but I do hold some reservations about players from lower leagues, you have to really. It's better to be surprised when it does go well, Hopper is a success story, but there have been plenty of disasters as well.

We need a striker and he's scoring, he plays for a club we should be able to tempt players away from so let's go for it.