Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brimscombe & Thrupp

Alan Knott

Smile Brimscombe & Thrupp

Another blank Saturday to fill so me and Isaac went to the Meadow to Watch Brimmy against Woodley United. A 2-0 victory for home side. Made to feel very welcome as Gloucester City fans.

Genuine interest and support of Brimscombe supporters to see City back home.

Popped into the club house after the game to watch Spurs v Everton and given two free plates of Chilli and rice, Cheese,nachos and bread and butter.

You can't beat grass roots football.
    Last edited by City Col; 13-01-18 at 09:07 PM.

Alex Harris
    Hope that you let Isaac have some of the food

Played there as opposition in the late 70's, excellent set up, decent Club house and pitch.

Steve Crouch
    Can remember checking the pitch and nets prior to a county league game many years ago when a mole popped up in the goal mouth. Happened so fast and there it was, his little pile on the penalty spot. Mentioned it in the club house to the grounds man and watched as he went racing out with a spade Trina to catch the little bugger. Quite funny really. My best man played centre forward for them in the 60s, now he was a prolific goal scorer and represented the County in the triple jump was super fast. Fond memories, thanks for the reminder Col.

Alex Harris
    I always think Trina is a nice name for a spade, Gray.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Ryan O'Hara
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I always think Trina is a nice name for a spade, Gray.
    My spades name is Douglas. Call it Doug for short.

Alex Harris
    My stepladder is called Douglas.

Never got on with my real ladder.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Chris Jones
    I've been to Brimscombe a couple of times, nice people up there. I always want them to do well in the FA Vase.

Alan Knott
    A ladder, spade and a bowl of chilli and rice walk into a bar.

The bar tender says

is this a joke?

Steve Crouch
    How trying turned into Trina, I’ll never know. Modern technology I suppose. These bloody iPads try to read your mind. Good job nobody takes this site seriously. Or do they? Any way I think we all agree that Brimscombe is a nice Club!