Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: City 1-3 Weston

Well that game couldn't have got off to a worse start. Looked a penalty to me but was quite far away from the action. We could have potentially got straight back into it as Chambers was blatantly being held by the WSM defender in the box but he stayed on his feet and the chance was lost. Ethan Moore is getting a lot of stick but I thought his hold up play and strength was excellent meself, yes he should be scoring more goals but he continually brought Thomas and Hall into the game from lay offs but their crosses were continually poor - not even beating the first man or overhit. Second half Ethan started hugging the touchline, not sure if that was as per instruction, but we didn't look to cause any problems at all and he totally faded out of the game.

It was embarrassing to watch in the second half as Ed Williams basically became a one man show and his drive and direct runs just weren't being matched by some of the others. The new lad in goal should have done better for two of the goals, a fair few heart in mouth moments too such as when he decided to run out to the byline then switch play from there with a wayward ball. Fortunately Avery just managed to get there before a Weston player had a empty net.

Both centre backs looked nervous, probably playing in front of a new keeper doesn't help that. Cundy was being beaten continually, he looks devoid of confidence.

As for Greenslade in the WSM side, best player on the pitch on my eyes. Wish we still had him! Their keeper also looked confident, came and won every ball.

Another way below par performance at Evesham.

Quote Originally Posted by Easty View Post
    On another note didnít anyone else notice Ethan shout something to someone behind the goal in the first half who was rather critical of him..
    Yea I did. One of our younger managers gave him some advice. He told him to go away in movements of the jerky variety. No need to react like that really, even if you are having a shitter. Doesn't strike me as the most endearing of happy chappies, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Easty View Post
    On another note didnít anyone else notice Ethan shout something to someone behind the goal in the first half who was rather critical of him..
    Didn't witness it myself but the young lad in question came up to me at half time and mentioned the issue and was rather upset and Monkerhostin is absolutely spot on with his summing up of the incident.

Where did you see the video of the goals Neil.

On the National League site.

We gave Ethan some horrid stick when he played for Worcester, think he missed an open goal at their place. Surprised he signed for us after that

This could be his revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This could be his revenge
    Seems that way at the moment

Don't we get the highlights on here any more now that the volunteers have left.

Here you go Dad: http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/...ntre/1-2850689

Watch the Weston goals from behind the settee. All very avoidable.