Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: City 1-3 Weston

I’m no professional groundsman but is there a roller amongst The kit at Evesham the surface needs one!!

Onto things above grass level - 2 gifted goals and a host of missed chances and we go down to a side who were not any better than us. A few more decent loanees please Ricco.

I'm not sure Ricco will do anything, yesterday he spent the whole game leaning against the dugout with his hands in his pockets, no words of encouragement, no rollickings when they deserved it. The team is just not good enough for this level, a half decent striker would have had a hat trick with the chances Ethan had and Karnal didn't look interested and didn't want to be there.Down to nineteenth now if we don't strengthen up soon we are going down.

Over the season I’ve become more and more concerned on how many occasions strikers get the wrong side of Sam. Not sure if it is to do with pace, positioning or both, but for their second goal, yes maybe the keeper could have done better, but Sam should have been the right side of the player and prevented a shot from coming in.

I’m getting more and more impressed with Kieran Parselle on a more positive note. Seems an intelligent player and after a slow start to his City career is looking a steady head at the back.

Just seen the video of the third goal. We need a strong, confident keeper. I hope he's better than that.

I donít mind when we are outplayed by a better team and lose but when we play against teams like this we should never loose. How Ethan didnít score in the game i donít know he had 3 or 4 chances to score but didnít take them. I hope Ricco has some loans lined up we need a midfielder who can pass the ball well so we donít just hoof it up the pitch every attack. Along with a striker who can be in the right area and take his chances when he gets them

On another note didnít anyone else notice Ethan shout something to someone behind the goal in the first half who was rather critical of him..

Usual story yesterday, lots of the ball but the wrong choices being made in crucial positions. It's not constantly a case of being unlucky, we are 19th as we cannot seem to defend as a unit or take our chances which is why we are in a relegation scrap. Also don't want to be too harsh on the new lad in goal but those were two howlers yesterday and cost us

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Just seen the video of the third goal. We need a strong, confident keeper. I hope he's better than that.
    In fairness his distribution etc escpecially second half I thought was top draw - if we had taken our chances wouldn’t have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by South bound View Post
    Usual story yesterday, lots of the ball but the wrong choices being made in crucial positions. It's not constantly a case of being unlucky, we are 19th as we cannot seem to defend as a unit or take our chances which is why we are in a relegation scrap. Also don't want to be too harsh on the new lad in goal but those were two howlers yesterday and cost us
    It seems to me that most other CAN defend as a unit, so often when we're trying clever things with the ball there are eight opponents between it and the goal.

Defence is fine. How many shots did they have? 2 probably, one was a penalty from still being in the changing room, the other I think was Karnell hooking the ball to them on the edge of the box.

Midfield is ok. Would like to see Hanks back to his best in there though. What's up with him this season? I know he's got a job with the fuzz now but he seems to have sorted his shifts ok. But he's either on the bench or off the pace. Shame as he's fantastic on his day.

The main problem lies up top. I don't blame Ethan. I'm starting to the blame the 3 consecutive managers for picking him week in week out. He must be tired. I didn't want him, but Fleetwood knows where the goal is and he'd he putting these easy chances away for fun.