Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: City 1-3 Weston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

City 1-3 Weston

Thought we played well today but it's immensely frustrating when you've got a keeper throwing it in one end and a striker who can't hit a barn door at the other.

Weston didn't really impress me in either game and they've managed to take 6 points off us.

IMO we desperately need to sign a striker or get one in on loan. Someone else could have got a hattrick today.

Created some really good chances but feel the difference from last season is Luke Hopper wouldíve come out of todayís game with a hat-trick.
    I really want Ethan to come good but we are in January and heís got one goal to his name. We need someone more clinical up front.
    Ed Williams was my man of the match today. He ran all over the park.

Agree with everything in the above. We should have scored 6 today and conceded 1. If we had a clinical striker and Tom Hadler in goal we would have.

Good to see Eamon there today. Hopefully he can see we've got the nucleus of a good squad and with a bit more investment to sign a couple of experienced players we'd have a competitive side.

Agree Moore should have had at least 2. Gk had a poor game should have got to the 2nd and theasy 3rd less said. Webb should have started.
    Moore and Edge just not good enough at this level.
    Probably get shot down for this but Thomas isn't the player he wadlast season,then again who is?

Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Agree Moore should have had at least 2. Gk had a poor game should have got to the 2nd and theasy 3rd less said. Webb should have started.
    Probably get shot down for this but Thomas isn't the player he wadlast season,then again who is?
    Probably by his own standards, that was Kieran’s worst performance in 18 months that he’s been with us

Quote Originally Posted by Severnside View Post
    Edge was superb at Oxford and many people's MoM. I certainly wouldn't write him off yet as he's not long turned 24, despite the hairstyle!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Yet another frustrating day at Evesham. Created enough but same old problem of not being able to score. I know it’s the same for both sides but I Have to say I thought the pitch was awful with so many bobbles. We try to play the ball around but we just can’t do it on that pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Yet another frustrating day at Evesham. Created enough but same old problem of not being able to score. I know itís the same for both sides but I Have to say I thought the pitch was awful with so many bobbles. We try to play the ball around but we just canít do it on that pitch.
    I totally agree frustrating, created enough chances to win easily. IMO, the defence was at error for the second, to allow a forward that much time in the box gave the keeper no chance. And to echo Eric's statement, the pitch is not suitable for a side that tries to play football on the ground.

Very disappointing day at the office. I agree with all of the above.

I wouldn't have wanted to pick a City MOTM, because it could only have been on effort, not quality. I don't think anyone who started could say they had a good match.

There were patches of good play, but as is becoming usual, no end result. On another day we could have scored four or more goals - but we didn't

Don't blame the pitch (although I agree it's pretty poor) - both teams have to deal with the same conditions and WSM coped much better than we did. Surely by now, having played on it for over half a season, we should be able to cope with it better than any opponents?

The good news is that although we've slipped back down to nineteenth, we're still five points above the drop zone and with a goal difference better than all the teams below us. The bad news is that Poole have a game in hand on us (as do the three teams above us) and Whitehawk are starting to pick up points (four in the last week).

I'm as frustrated as every City fan is after witnessing very good away performances at Truro and Oxford and we just can't seem to muster up a win at Evesham for love or money!.we've gifted Weston 3 goals today and they were remotely ordinary it's all been mentioned above about the pitch and our creativity but don't criticise the keeper as it's only his first game give him a chance and to face a penalty after 40 secs what a debut! forget his howler as the ball bobbled it's been said time and time again but 1 goal in 20 games is a shit return and for all his efforts Ethan Moore doesn't do it for me and I think I'm speaking on behalf of plenty!..surely Ricco can see the light and will get a big loan striker in very soon as the games are slowly diminishing..Karnell Chambers should have gone down in the box and pretty sure a penalty would have been given to level it up..I worry with Keiran Thomas lunging in hence the early pen today and the fracas at Chesham we created more than enough today but usual story wouldn't surprise me if we go to Havant/Waterlooville and get something then 2 massive games against Chippenham and Poole at the Spires and Hartwell lose these 2 then we will be "Donald Ducked"...as I said surely Ricco will have this in his sights and a win or two would be most welcome at Evesham...