Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex Players Thread

What I don't get is that we only seem to be able to bring in players from above that are raw and untested, teenagers, not players aged between 23 and 27. Is football at the stage where a vast majority of these promising youngsters give up playing altogether or are there a legion of clubs above us with players in their mid 20's sitting on their hands every Saturday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    Where have you been for the last month or so Severnside I have missed your sensible postings
    Young Alfie, I now live in Weston-Super-Mare having moved there in late September and a bit busy doing a house up.I was going to pop along to watch WSM v Chelmsford the other night (I live about 20 mins walk from there ground) but t.b.h couldn't face watching another side apart from City, particularly as they are more shite than City atm!
    I will be along to the odd game after Christmas but it will need us to get home to Gloucester to be a regular again I miss watching City but not the bitter cold of Evesham!
    I hope and pray though City won't be in the SLP (with WSM) next season and Chris Todd pulls his finger out and signs a quality Striker and midfielder - Rod Jenner said he had some impressive contacts for players(still waiting t.b.h), he may be 100% committed and not a quitter but carry on like this and the decision may not be his to make as Xmas games will have a massive bearing on the end of season outcome, a poor Xmas will surely see change but lets all hope this is not the case!

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    I suppose we could talk to half the players in the football league but if we haven't got the finances to sign them we\re wasting ours and their time. We then end up looking for players from lower leagues and players who don't have a club, that's why we are where we are unfortunately .
    I had a twitter 'discussion' with Rod Jenner a few months back and he said Chris Todd had amazing contacts?
    Well to-date we don't seems to have benefited from them so is it budget that's only allows us to bring in young untested players with bags of potential but not the physical nous to cut it in the physical men's National League.
    Oh for the days when we could sign top players from our own level (and above) and has been previously said know we where going win but just not by how many...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Harry white has left Hereford to go traveling, in other news Aaron Downes has left Cheltenham, that we some coup for us in terms as he is a leader and experienced, CT must know him from Torquay.
    Harry White has signed for Redditch, although he is off to Australia in January I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by runcorn flag View Post
    Harry White has signed for Redditch, although he is off to Australia in January I believe.
    Could have done a job for us over the busy holiday period, give us time to get a permanent forward

I thought that.

Could have sold him to Perth Glory for 5 grand with a sell on an all.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Bunbury Forum Force.

Of all the photos I've taken of Matt Williams I've never got one like this https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...eYI7lw7wruPefc

Harry White scored two for Redditch yesterday Dave Angel thought he could have done a good job for us over the festive period.

Imagine that St Louis arch thingy, that's Harry White's career. The move to Barnsley was the top. He's on his way down now.