Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex Players Thread

Maybe he just likes driving down Estcourt Road?

That was David Pleat

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Maybe he just likes driving down Estcourt Road?
    Thatíll live long in my memory that. I go 80mph down that and you can guarantee Old Bill will be lurking

I'd love to have Ed back (but not as much as I'd love Fab) and he'd be an awesome addition to the squad.

That said, he was a very hot and cold player, ranging from unplayable to "I didn't notice he was playing". He got more consistent as he went on, but he'd need to keep improving to become a Football League player. I think Conference North/South or maybe National is about his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'd love to have Ed back (but not as much as I'd love Fab) and he'd be an awesome addition to the squad.

That said, he was a very hot and cold player, ranging from unplayable to "I didn't notice he was playing". He got more consistent as he went on, but he'd need to keep improving to become a Football League player. I think Conference North/South or maybe National is about his level.
    Agree. His dead ball delivery is/was superb too, consistently better than anything we managed last season.

Tom Hadler signs for Eastbourne.

I see Swindon have signed a keeper from Liverpool - potentially pushes Will Henry down to third choice. Heís signed a new contract so maybe a chance of him coming back on loan?

Isaac Pearce signs for Weston, putting together quite a decent side down there if they had done this last season they wouldn't have been relegated.

Robbie Cundy joins Exeter on loan

I can't help thinking that if someone is good enough to join and play for a championship club, they would have to look amazing at our level.
    Rob cundy, I wish you luck but can't see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    I can't help thinking that if someone is good enough to join and play for a championship club, they would have to look amazing at our level.
    Rob cundy, I wish you luck but can't see it myself.
    I know where youíre coming from but donít under estimate the impotence of good coaching and guidance.
    Jamie Vardy was a non league player until about 25( thatís a long time for nobody to see a potential England international)
    One of many...